My first surgery was in Iowa and involved being stitched closed but the wound took a REALLY long time to heal. The bottom of the incision never fully healed and left a small opening about the size of a Q-tip. My fear is this swelling/pressure and steady leaking might be causing further bodily harm if wait until my march 11th appointment. So I called this morning and spoke with Dr. Shluender's assistant and she said the appointment I have for March 11th is the earliest I can be seen Because I wan't to get the surgery done by the "best" I am going to do the best I can to wait. The nurse told me if it becomes too uncomfortable to then go to the ER. I don't know...tough decisions.