First off, hello everyone! I wanted to give you guys a brief (hopefully brief, lol) description of my cyst history and I was wondering if you all could help me make the decision on getting surgery or not. I know the decision is ultimately mine but sometimes it is nice having others think with you. Anyway, I first discovered my cyst on October 2nd 2014 while doing sit-ups. I felt a weird pain by my tailbone and then it went away after like the 5th rep. I did not think anything of it and finished my workout. When I took my clothes off to shower is when I notice a rather bloody/watery spot in my underwear. I went to my primary doctor the next day and he gave me some antibiotics. I went back for a fallow up two weeks later and he recommended I do not get surgery. I then went to a surgeon in December 2014 and he also recommended against surgery as I told him the cyst has never caused me any pain really. He also claimed the risk of infection on surgery was roughly 40% with a recurrence rate of 40% (closed wound). I did not like those odds so I decided to live with it. Fast forward a year.....I have had no serious flare ups or drainage. Sometimes if I gently press on it a tiny dot of blood/watery looking stuff appears on the toilet paper. But that is rare. I would say the biggest the cyst ever has gotten was back in August when it was super hot and I was working long sweaty days in the shop. It was the size of maybe a half a stick of chap-stick. Right now I would guess it is marble size. It doesn't bother me too much, I still workout and run all the time, sitting for long periods of time is not too fun but then again my entire butt hurts when I sit to long. I can push on the cyst pretty hard and it doesn't hurt at all. Now on one hand I would like the cyst gone because it is annoying knowing it is there. On the other hand, I feel like the risks of surgery might be worse than having this thing. I have seen what some of you have gone through after surgery and it sounds absolutely horrific. Especially with going through all that and then having a cyst show back up a few months after. Anyway, sorry for the long read. I definitely did not keep that brief! I apologize for that. So I guess if you were in my shoes, would you opt for the surgery or just live with it?