1.5 years on- surgery wound still not closed

ralipotso

Very Helpful
Country flag
Yep it would be at Spire as far as I know. Seemed like a good place! One week down for you then, supposedly by week 2 it feels much better.

She actually said that she would do me under local which surprised me. I would much rather be put to sleep but maybe my wound isn't too deep.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Yep it would be at Spire as far as I know. Seemed like a good place! One week down for you then, supposedly by week 2 it feels much better.

She actually said that she would do me under local which surprised me. I would much rather be put to sleep but maybe my wound isn't too deep.
Hmm local wow that is very surprising as she was very strict and wasn't happy when I got it done under spinal Anesthesia, she might change it to general on the day the theatre team are fantastic they will ask you if you want some sedation to have a sleep.

Just the stitches is irritating me the most very painful getting up from the bed still can't sit down yet or lay on my back I hope by next week it gets easier.

ralipotso

Very Helpful
Country flag
Hmm local wow that is very surprising as she was very strict and wasn't happy when I got it done under spinal Anesthesia, she might change it to general on the day the theatre team are fantastic they will ask you if you want some sedation to have a sleep.

Just the stitches is irritating me the most very painful getting up from the bed still can't sit down yet or lay on my back I hope by next week it gets easier.
Strange. She didn't even mention general as an option. It was very much just, we'll do local, quicker recovery, home on same day. I guess our wounds are/were quite different.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Strange. She didn't even mention general as an option. It was very much just, we'll do local, quicker recovery, home on same day. I guess our wounds are/were quite different.
Yeah that's true you're wound might be smaller than mine, I had 3 failed surgery's and deep wound before my cleft lift, just remember although she recommends to have it done under local or general you're anesthesia guy has the final say so you can request what you would prefer on the day she's just doing the operation isn't her job to give the anesthesia.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Sounds good! I'm pleased things are going well for you. I'm only an hour away so she said I'd be a day case and I'm on the private waiting list. I'm hoping that I get the call/email quite quickly for the op but just have to wait and see.
Update: 2 week's has passed since the op I'm now at the stage of having to be super careful now, that it doesn't split and open up a bit the next 2 week's will be the turning point where it makes or breaks my healing success, I'm preying that there is no issue's and it doesn't split a tiny bit Senapati follow up 10th of may.

ralipotso

Very Helpful
Country flag
Only been 3 weeks I know, but I wish I'd heard something about a surgery date. It's hard not knowing if it could be weeks, months, half a year +. Basically two years with my life stopped and I'm not enjoying the limbo of just waiting for contact

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Only been 3 weeks I know, but I wish I'd heard something about a surgery date. It's hard not knowing if it could be weeks, months, half a year +. Basically two years with my life stopped and I'm not enjoying the limbo of just waiting for contact
You still not heard? That's odd being private they are normally quicker for surgery, I can tell you spire Portsmouth Hospital is seeing patients now and it was dead quite on Saturday 10th of April,

I would chase them up and I'm seeing Senapati on the 10th of may for follow up, so she should be doing more surgery for other patients on the waiting list.

ralipotso

Very Helpful
Country flag
Nope. I had some paper through a few days ago just confirming her charges but nothing about dates etc. Like you say, being private I had hoped to have a date by now. I think I'll email Pat after the bank holiday. Thanks

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Nope. I had some paper through a few days ago just confirming her charges but nothing about dates etc. Like you say, being private I had hoped to have a date by now. I think I'll email Pat after the bank holiday. Thanks
Just to add bit of further update thing's are slowly getting better now, compared to the other day, it hasn't opened up I didn't need dressings there has been no leakage so I guess that's all positive with the cleft lift, so I don't want to jinx it but thing's are getting there now.

I will post on here again once I've fully healed.

Last edited:

Jamie25

Country flag

Senapati gives a good speech on failed surgery's vs cleft lift worth watching

ralipotso

Very Helpful
Country flag

Senapati gives a good speech on failed surgery's vs cleft lift worth watching
This was fascinating, thanks. Not for the faint hearted but very interesting

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Good to hear, Luke. It definitely seems like the best op and she appears to be the best person.
You guy's must of saw her on a good day lol, she was quite moody with me on the 10th of April she didn't like that I choose spinal anesthesia, but she is great at treating these wounds though.

Maybe she be in a good mood when I see her on Monday for follow up lol.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Had a phone call today offering surgery on 5th June. Absolutely over the moon and really hope this is the beginning of the end.
That's great news pleased for ya, I'm 4 week's since mine, and I've returned back to work with light duties stitches are dissolving and I'm slowly being able to do most normal stuff now.

ralipotso

Very Helpful
Country flag
That's great news pleased for ya, I'm 4 week's since mine, and I've returned back to work with light duties stitches are dissolving and I'm slowly being able to do most normal stuff now.
Sounds good! You think you're starting to see the miracle op in action now?