1.5 years on- surgery wound still not closed

ralipotso

Very Helpful
Country flag
Theater team was all lovely. Miss Senapati was efficient and professional, not moody

It was under local but I was sedated. I wasn't aware of anything at all, it was like being put under general. One moment I was awake and feeling it all, the next I was waking up after it was all done.

Travel home was good. My dad drove me and I basically put the car seat down as flat as possible and laid on my side. I'll do the same tomorrow for the drive back to get the drain out

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Theater team was all lovely. Miss Senapati was efficient and professional, not moody

It was under local but I was sedated. I wasn't aware of anything at all, it was like being put under general. One moment I was awake and feeling it all, the next I was waking up after it was all done.

Travel home was good. My dad drove me and I basically put the car seat down as flat as possible and laid on my side. I'll do the same tomorrow for the drive back to get the drain out
Oh OK thats good then Senapati was moody with me on the day I'm not going hide that from people on here, I only saw her for 10 minutes before the operation and then a bit after the operation but she was OK with me on my 2nd visit for follow up but I've no plans to see her ever again.

I'm glad everything went well after 8 week's you will never need to see a nurse doctor or consultant ever again or go in any hospitals or ever get any infections ever again you be able to do most normal thing's :).

ralipotso

Very Helpful
Country flag
Drain came out today which feels great. Will be so nice to sleep tonight without worrying about it. The people at Spire were lovely and really helpful. I'm going back in a week for them to check the wound but they said it looks really good and healthy.

Been given some dressings if I need to change after 3-5 days

I'm still surprised that the pain really isn't too bad.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Drain came out today which feels great. Will be so nice to sleep tonight without worrying about it. The people at Spire were lovely and really helpful. I'm going back in a week for them to check the wound but they said it looks really good and healthy.

Been given some dressings if I need to change after 3-5 days

I'm still surprised that the pain really isn't too bad.
That's just you're pain tablet's lol soon as you're off them you're going to feel it, the bottom bit might reopen in a few week's I wouldn't be alarmed it happened to everyone.

You won't need any more dressings
No more infections
No more hospitals
No more surgery's

This should be the end at last :)

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
It sounds too good to be true! I've had so many nearlys and maybes, I'm not taking anything for granted yet
Yeah just take it easy take each new day 1 step at a time, I rushed a bit with mine, I still get sitting pain's if I sit too long on a hard chair but my operation was much bigger so I'm healing underneath now.

ralipotso

Very Helpful
Country flag
I worry too much.

Now convinced myself I have another sinus. Managed to poop today and also seemed ok but git traces of bright blood on the tissue that definitely wasn't from my anus. On inspection, I couldn't seem to see that any blood had leaked through the bandage so now I'm panicking.

If there was another sinus, she would've noticed right?

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
I worry too much.

Now convinced myself I have another sinus. Managed to poop today and also seemed ok but git traces of bright blood on the tissue that definitely wasn't from my anus. On inspection, I couldn't seem to see that any blood had leaked through the bandage so now I'm panicking.

Spots of pink blood is normal early on keep an eye on it you might need antibiotics first week or so things will start improving by the 3rd week

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
I worry too much.

Are you on any supplements?
Supplements speed's wound healing, Time may heal all wounds, but a new study shows that taking a supplement that combines several antioxidant nutrients can do it nearly 20% faster. Vitamin C is good at repairing tissues lots of water helps boost it

ralipotso

Very Helpful
Country flag
Not been taking vitamins no, maybe I'll take a look.

Been drinking so much water that I feel like I'm peeing 24/7 Seems to be doing the trick though because it's already feeling good.

Still concerned about another sinus but will see what she says when I see her in a few weeks

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Not been taking vitamins no, maybe I'll take a look.

Been drinking so much water that I feel like I'm peeing 24/7 Seems to be doing the trick though because it's already feeling good.

Still concerned about another sinus but will see what she says when I see her in a few weeks
That's good my bottom bit is still causing me issues and it's annoying but I'm not having more surgery just for the bottom bit I'm hoping it heals up eventually

ralipotso

Very Helpful
Country flag
That's good my bottom bit is still causing me issues and it's annoying but I'm not having more surgery just for the bottom bit I'm hoping it heals up eventually
Just keep giving it time, eating well and I'm sure it'll sort itself out. Are you seeing her again for checkup or all done now?

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Just keep giving it time, eating well and I'm sure it'll sort itself out. Are you seeing her again for checkup or all done now?
No I've no plans to see her anymore I have to pay to see her it's 210 pounds per appointment my insurance has run out.

I will just keep drinking water and taking vitamins and hopefully it will sort it self out hopefully but 9 week's since the operation is a little frustrating.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. What will you do if it continues? I wouldn't wish this disease on my worst enemy
Hopefully the bottom bit will heal, the top bit is fine that's fully healed I don't think more surgery is going to fix the bottom bit, you're bottom bit might reopen as well I would just try to dress it it's unfortunately really soft down there so vanurable to opening.

Hopefully it just heal naturally