1.5 years on- surgery wound still not closed

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
I used to use 2 mirrors and lay awkwardly on my side. Defo gave myself back ache a few times.
Even the nurses said they can't pack it as there isn't much to pack I guess that's a positive sign I have to cut the ribbon and wet it with sainline and it keeps pushing it out so that must be also a good sign that it's healing slowly.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Yeah so mine actually has a little tail on the bottom that sort of goes to the cheek. She said she had to do this because skin was tight. This bit is fine. The issue is a bit higher up more in the cleft.

I think she had been saying 50% break down but do usually heal after. I'm guessing it's because it's still in a really delicate area that gets hot, hairy, damp and moves a lot
Just a little update: I'm getting stronger each new day/week I was able to sprint a bit today bottom bit still healing but much better then what it was no blood discharge and I haven't packed it for 24hrs.

Things are slowly getting there now I don't want to jinx it though but thing's are improving and much better and I work 10hrs a day and I do a lot of walking but it was alright I'm feeling good.

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
Just a little update: I'm getting stronger each new day/week I was able to sprint a bit today bottom bit still healing but much better then what it was no blood discharge and I haven't packed it for 24hrs.

Things are slowly getting there now I don't want to jinx it though but thing's are improving and much better and I work 10hrs a day and I do a lot of walking but it was alright I'm feeling good.
As long as its improving and getting better.. You're all good :)

ralipotso

Very Helpful
Country flag
Mine looks to be improving but I'm still feeling pretty defeated by the whole thing. This forum/Reddit filled with people back to their normal life one month after cleft lift. Just feels like I'm always the one in the tiny minority.

Not convinced it'll close completely because I've been in this position so many times before. Hopefully, because it's not quite on midline, it'll actually heal

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Mine looks to be improving but I'm still feeling pretty defeated by the whole thing. This forum/Reddit filled with people back to their normal life one month after cleft lift. Just feels like I'm always the one in the tiny minority.

Not convinced it'll close completely because I've been in this position so many times before. Hopefully, because it's not quite on midline, it'll actually heal
People who recovered after one month must of had no previous surgery's prior to there cleft lift s and been there first ever surgery, because it took me 13 week's to get to my stage of healing I'm not fully healed yet but I'm much better then a few week's ago,

Trouble is I had 3 failed surgery's before cleft lift so all that tissue doesn't help maybe if we had no open surgery's before cleft lift we might of healed in a month.

I would just keep packing it daily and there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Some people who also saw Senapati it took them 5 to 6 month's to feel as normal.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag

I'm healing nicely now and I'm leaving this forum site now, I wish you all the best have faith you're wound will heal eventually, but there's no reason for me to stay on this site now, thanks for all support you gave me, you will heal trust me it might take a few more month's but you will get there all the best.