25 years disease free with a possible reoccurrence

Yvonne77515

Country flag
I first had my pilonidal cyst lanced at the age of 17. It would reoccur and had to have surgery four times with it left open. Two of those surgeries required a week stay at the hospital. I despised the two times a day cleaning and hated that my mother had to see that awful wound. The agonizing pain that came with those cleaning left me with some pretty hefty PTSD. I am now 45 years without an occurrence until this past Christmas. I felt pain with sitting but I see no bumps or dimples. I have had my mother and sister take pictures of me spreading my cheeks and examining me. The discomfort has let up some and I’m not scheduled to see a surgeon until the end of January. My anxiety level is at an all time high because I do not want to go through that recovery and have it fail and do it all over again. I am asking for prayers that it is something other than pilonidal disease.

LivinWithIt

Country flag
It's been months since you posted, but I wanted to let you know I saw this and am hoping you're well. I'm back after more than 10 years of being free of pain and drainage, and I'm feeling much of what you describe here.