5 months later my wound isn’t stable.

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
Nice - How did you get them to do spinal? She was adamant about doing it under GA when I had my surgery.
Was it strange being awake during?

I think by my 3rd follow up she told me I was completely healed.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Nice - How did you get them to do spinal? She was adamant about doing it under GA when I had my surgery.
Was it strange being awake during?

I think by my 3rd follow up she told me I was completely healed.
Yeah she's bossy and wants it done under general anaesthetic but I spoke to my anaesthetia person before she arrived, and told him my concerns that I don't like being put to sleep and he was very friendly and fine with it, she wasn't too happy about it but she did it under spinal.

I was so tired I pretty much fell asleep for most of it lol but I was aware what was going on around me and the theatre team are so friendly they kept asking me if everything is ok.

I will see her on the 10th of may and hopefully I will be healed up enough by than hardest part at the moment is my stitches still too painful to sit down and lay on my back 1 week since the operation has flown by.

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
Yeah she's bossy and wants it done under general anaesthetic but I spoke to my anaesthetia person before she arrived, and told him my concerns that I don't like being put to sleep and he was very friendly and fine with it, she wasn't too happy about it but she did it under spinal.

I was so tired I pretty much fell asleep for most of it lol but I was aware what was going on around me and the theatre team are so friendly they kept asking me if everything is ok.

I will see her on the 10th of may and hopefully I will be healed up enough by than hardest part at the moment is my stitches still too painful to sit down and lay on my back 1 week since the operation has flown by.
Keep me updated :)

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Keep me updated :)
I'm 2 weeks since my cleft lift operation is it normal to still have some pain? My stitches hasn't dissolved yet I'm laying on my side's and scared to lay on my back incase my stitches bust open. Walking is still painful because of the stitches.

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
I'm 2 weeks since my cleft lift operation is it normal to still have some pain? My stitches hasn't dissolved yet I'm laying on my side's and scared to lay on my back incase my stitches bust open. Walking is still painful because of the stitches.
2 weeks defo normal to have some pain sure. I'd say 4-6 weeks should settle down

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
2 weeks defo normal to have some pain sure. I'd say 4-6 weeks should settle down
Sound's good
My insurance company showed how much they paid for everything private all I can say is nhs definitely saved you a lot of money my god £1.4k and £55 for a covid swab I'm glad they paid for my operation .

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
Sound's good
My insurance company showed how much they paid for everything private all I can say is nhs definitely saved you a lot of money my god £1.4k and £55 for a covid swab I'm glad they paid for my operation .
Damn. Pricey.
In all fairness I would of given my left hand to be rid of PD; I would of done near anything. But very thankful I got it for nothing in the end. I still feel grateful for the surgery and Senapati to this day - just wish I got it done sooner as it messed with my life for quite a few years

Remind me how long since you first discovered/diagnosed the PD?

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Damn. Pricey.
In all fairness I would of given my left hand to be rid of PD; I would of done near anything. But very thankful I got it for nothing in the end. I still feel grateful for the surgery and Senapati to this day - just wish I got it done sooner as it messed with my life for quite a few years

Remind me how long since you first discovered/diagnosed the PD?
I first discovered it in 2015, with multiple failed open surgery's i was depressed for year's until I found out about cleft lift on here.

I'm glad and happy Senapati was successful in healing you, unfortunately it's still bit too early to know for sure if my cleft lift is a success yet maybe in another 2 to 3 week's I will know for sure than I will definitely praise her and the operation but she did tell me she has had patient's where it has failed so I've got my finger's crossed that my cleft lift will heal in the next 2 week's I'm seeing her again on the 10th of may.

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
I first discovered it in 2015, with multiple failed open surgery's i was depressed for year's until I found out about cleft lift on here.

I'm glad and happy Senapati was successful in healing you, unfortunately it's still bit too early to know for sure if my cleft lift is a success yet maybe in another 2 to 3 week's I will know for sure than I will definitely praise her and the operation but she did tell me she has had patient's where it has failed so I've got my finger's crossed that my cleft lift will heal in the next 2 week's I'm seeing her again on the 10th of may.
I might of told you this before but it wasn't until my 3rd follow up that she told me I was 100% healed, but up until then
I was thinking "ah this hasn't worked for me" for months, so you're not alone with your doubts. Im thinking maybe that was 6 months after surgery.

I also do remember her telling me success rate is 99% with the 1% needing a 2nd operation... So the chances are very very good that you only need the one surgery :)

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
I might of told you this before but it wasn't until my 3rd follow up that she told me I was 100% healed, but up until then
I was thinking "ah this hasn't worked for me" for months, so you're not alone with your doubts. Im thinking maybe that was 6 months after surgery.

I also do remember her telling me success rate is 99% with the 1% needing a 2nd operation... So the chances are very very good that you only need the one surgery :)
That's reassuring to know, :) I think once my stitches have dissolved thing's will start getting easier I'm just very nervous lol trying to becareful, going to the toilet is the worst, walking with the stitches i keep feeling the sharp pinch don't know if it's a stitch That's starting to fall off but I think thing's will get easier once these prickly stitches are gone I can describe it as a small sharp needle it's sometimes irritating.

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
That's reassuring to know, :) I think once my stitches have dissolved thing's will start getting easier I'm just very nervous lol trying to becareful, going to the toilet is the worst, walking with the stitches i keep feeling the sharp pinch don't know if it's a stitch That's starting to fall off but I think thing's will get easier once these prickly stitches are gone I can describe it as a small sharp needle it's sometimes irritating.

Yea i used to get that sensation. It's the stitch tugging your skin if you move a certain way. Mine all dissolved after a while apart from one which needed removing by a nurse. I can't remember how long stitches took to dissolve, a month or two

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Yea i used to get that sensation. It's the stitch tugging your skin if you move a certain way. Mine all dissolved after a while apart from one which needed removing by a nurse. I can't remember how long stitches took to dissolve, a month or two
Well 3 week's tomorrow and I still can't sit or lay down yet so unfortunately my cleft lift isn't going well at the moment I guess you were just lucky.

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
Well 3 week's tomorrow and I still can't sit or lay down yet so unfortunately my cleft lift isn't going well at the moment I guess you were just lucky.
I know it's easy to feel disheartened, I was also. Hang in there tho, I was sitting awkwardly on the side of my bum for quite some time.

Try to stay positive is my best advice

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
I know it's easy to feel disheartened, I was also. Hang in there tho, I was sitting awkwardly on the side of my bum for quite some time.

Things are now improving since my last post on here but I don't want to jinx it lol, it hasn't opened up there has been no leakage I haven't had to use any dressings at all so that's all the positives from my cleft lift.

I will post on here in 2 weeks time hopefully I might be nearly healed by then.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag

Uodate: follow up Appointment with Senapati went really well today she said the wound is looking great, the bottom bit though has opened a tiny bit but she said that heal on its own in a few weeks, I read that you had the same issue with the bottom bit but mines not extreme just tiny winy bit but overall I'm happy

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
The fact she said a few weeks, that sounds very positive - she wouldn't say that if she didn't think so. Yea mine was split about 1cm I think. I'm sure you'll be all healed in no time Spokm.

keep me updated

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
The fact she said a few weeks, that sounds very positive - she wouldn't say that if she didn't think so. Yea mine was split about 1cm I think. I'm sure you'll be all healed in no time Spokm.

keep me updated
Do you have any tips for the bottom bit that reopened just mine is starting to get painful now, the whole top bit is fine that's healed well but the bottom bit is the most annoying and quite painful walking too long on it,

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
Do you have any tips for the bottom bit that reopened just mine is starting to get painful now, the whole top bit is fine that's healed well but the bottom bit is the most annoying and quite painful walking too long on it,

Hey what kind of size?
Mine was quite shallow but raw tissue, 1cm in size. I sprinkled table salt on it and used these saline pods. Leave it to dry in the air.

The salt and saline makes it sterile and also dries it. Remember Spokm I'm no doctor but this healed mine at the last hurdle. I'm not even sure where I heard about the salt trick. I think i did a deep dive research on wound healing

Also the salt will sting temporarily and make it look red but subsides

Pretty sure I did this daily for a couple weeks and was all healed

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Also remember I did this at around 2 months or so
I'm not sure on the size of it Senapati didn't say if it's 1cm deep all she said is it has opened up a bit at the bottom, no infections and that it should heal in a couple of week's and that I only need dressings if there's a lot of leakage I haven't really had to much leakage.

But knowing how these wounds are it can happen at any time, I think I will keep an eye on it and try the salt technique it only hurts if I walk long distances I'm hopeful it might heal up in the next couple of weeks