8 Days After Open Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric

Today is Thursday. I had my open procedure surgery last wednesday. The hole is still as deep as it was the day home from surgery and its diameter has not gotten smaller, however my friend that does the packing said today that it looked better than ever. I hope shes not just being nice because this morning when I took the packing out in the shower it bled alot. I though I could stay in the shower until it stopped turning the water red but I had to get out and have her put pressure on it until the bleeding stopped. But I had a towel that was fairly saturated. Unfortunitely I didnt go into work today because I was so freaked. I hate missing work.

The packing I use is Johnson & Johnson's 4" x 4" gauze pads but they stick to the inside of the hole ALOT when we take it out. It always pulls off "yuckies" inside there and then usually bleeds. There is no foul odor so Im happy about that. I called the surgeons office about the gauze sticking and they said that is normal and actually good because it brings blood to the surface to help it heal normally. Has anyone been told that too? Is anyone else dealing with sticky packing and bleeding and what is your experience? Its been 8 days now.

-eric

Status
Not open for further replies.