Asha Senapati Costs.

trickett95

Country flag
Hey guys, new to this forum but long story short I have recently had a lance and drain on a pilonidal abscess which left me with two wounds, after doing my own research I managed to convince my GP to refer me to Dr. Asha Senapati (5 hours drive Wales to portsmouth) however the consultation is on a private bases (£250) I'm going down on the 18th December, If I go private and have the cleft lift does anybody know the rough costings? Also does anyone know how payment works (30 days for example or full amount on the day) second of all Dr. Asha Senapati's secertary informed me that once I'd seen Dr. Asha Senapati I can then possible be refered back to the NHS but I will have to get a "out of area NHS referal for surgery" from my GP ovbiously this would be the most ideal for me does anybody know the likelihood of getting this approved and know of any tips to get it approved?
Two nurses that I have seen regularly have said that my GP is a softy and they will help all they can?
Many Thanks
Ben

Guitarnerd97

Country flag
Hi, I had it done privately and you’re looking at around £1800 for the hospital fee, £350 for a cleft lift, £170 per follow up and you’ll probably need two of these so all in including your initial appointment probably just short of £3000. Obviously this might fluctuate but that’s what I paid only very recently. Hope that’s helps! Good luck!

trickett95

Country flag
Thank you, my initial consultation is £250 I'm not sure I'll be able to made follow up appointments as its 10 hour round trip for me, I'm hoping my GP can do these maybe and just be mega careful for a few weeks.

trickett95

Country flag
Hi, I had it done privately and you’re looking at around £1800 for the hospital fee, £350 for a cleft lift, £170 per follow up and you’ll probably need two of these so all in including your initial appointment probably just short of £3000. Obviously this might fluctuate but that’s what I paid only very recently. Hope that’s helps! Good luck!
Also do you pay the full amount on the day or a payment plan?
Many thanks

Guitarnerd97

Country flag
Because I wanted it done quickly, I waited 11 months for my first cleft lift which made my problem 10x worse, so it made sense to get it done rapidly so as to avoid further complication. I’m glad I did because it worked and I’m already healed, I’d still be on a waiting list if I hadn’t.

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
Because I wanted it done quickly, I waited 11 months for my first cleft lift which made my problem 10x worse, so it made sense to get it done rapidly so as to avoid further complication. I’m glad I did because it worked and I’m already healed, I’d still be on a waiting list if I hadn’t.

Ah fair enough. Senapati is great, I've been healed 2 years now after she performed the cleft lift on me in 2017. Congrats to you

Spire Portsmouth Hospital 1 night is £150 per night, cleft lift £350 a follow up appointment isn't needed because of covid19 and the distance a follow up appointment is only needed if something goes wrong