Cleft Lift Advice :)

GoAwayPilo

Country flag
Hi everyone!! Hope everyone’s staying healthy during this pandemic! We’re getting to the end so keep up your spirits!!
Anyway, I posted here a month or so ago asking for advice on the cleft lift vs general surgery removal w closed wound. I cancelled my general surgery and since then my PC has barely been noticeable AT ALL. It’s still there (of course bc this thing NEVER LEAVES) but it’s really not bothering me. I just started my first ever job and can’t afford to travel far or miss work. Anyone have any experience with cleft lift surgeons close to Philadelphia?
Also wondering if anyone has been able to just live with it long term when it’s not bothering you. Thanks for reading and stay happy and healthy everyone :)

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Hi everyone!! Hope everyone’s staying healthy during this pandemic! We’re getting to the end so keep up your spirits!!
Anyway, I posted here a month or so ago asking for advice on the cleft lift vs general surgery removal w closed wound. I cancelled my general surgery and since then my PC has barely been noticeable AT ALL. It’s still there (of course bc this thing NEVER LEAVES) but it’s really not bothering me. I just started my first ever job and can’t afford to travel far or miss work. Anyone have any experience with cleft lift surgeons close to Philadelphia?
Also wondering if anyone has been able to just live with it long term when it’s not bothering you. Thanks for reading and stay happy and healthy everyone :)
I'm From the UK so I can't give you advise on philadelphia or the USA but what I can give advise on is the disease itself I tried to live with it for 2 year's and it was hell I'm 9 day's since I had my cleft lift and things are getting better, in the end it's really upto you if you don't want to miss work maybe leave it for a year than decide if thing's are still bad have it done.
But cleft lift is the best 99% heal rate vs general surgery.

If you are in Philadelphia I would highly recommend Dr Wadie in Raleigh. He did my 2 sons surgeries more than 2 years ago and gave them their lives back after so many failed surgeries. I would reach out to him and check what he thinks. His website has a lot of information and you can email him. Pilonidalsurgery.org