Cleft Lift Complications

Momo Baggins

Country flag
Hey y'all, been avoiding dealing with this since December but it's time to admit that I'm having complications after getting a cleft lift with Dr Immerman. I had my surgery in June last year. Around Sept/Oct it felt pretty healed, but I. November I started to notice a dull soreness in the deep tissue around my tailbone after sitting for too long or on certain surfaces. That has slowly turned into soreness from sitting in general, all the time. If I sit or lay with the weight off of my tailbone like leaning to the side a bit, it doesn't hurt but once I apply pressure to the tailbone it gets sore.

I've also had soreness along the scar itself at the bottom end of it that comes and goes since I got the surgery. This seems like something that maybe just needs time to heal still. But overall the discomfort I'm feeling is making me think something went wrong in the healing process. Idk if the tissue didn't fully heal internally, or maybe I'm having a recurrence and since there's no midline for it to escape out of a pore it's just a consistent infection deep in the tissue. Not even sure if that's possible. I reached out to the Dr but didn't get very far, the pain I'm feeling is hard to describe, and he's out of state so it's not like I can run in and have him look at me. Scouring the internet to see if anyone has experienced this???

LivinWithIt

Country flag
Hey there. Did you ever get this figured out?

I just had a small recurrence 10 years post-op. It wound up draining itself two days ago through a sinus that appeared after surgery, and while the pressure-pain is gone it still hurts like how you describe: sort of a deep soreness. Definitely made worse with sitting.

The redness, swelling, and heat are gone...but this pain is rough!

TRRIND

Country flag
Hey y'all, been avoiding dealing with this since December but it's time to admit that I'm having complications after getting a cleft lift with Dr Immerman. I had my surgery in June last year. Around Sept/Oct it felt pretty healed, but I. November I started to notice a dull soreness in the deep tissue around my tailbone after sitting for too long or on certain surfaces. That has slowly turned into soreness from sitting in general, all the time. If I sit or lay with the weight off of my tailbone like leaning to the side a bit, it doesn't hurt but once I apply pressure to the tailbone it gets sore.

I've also had soreness along the scar itself at the bottom end of it that comes and goes since I got the surgery. This seems like something that maybe just needs time to heal still. But overall the discomfort I'm feeling is making me think something went wrong in the healing process. Idk if the tissue didn't fully heal internally, or maybe I'm having a recurrence and since there's no midline for it to escape out of a pore it's just a consistent infection deep in the tissue. Not even sure if that's possible. I reached out to the Dr but didn't get very far, the pain I'm feeling is hard to describe, and he's out of state so it's not like I can run in and have him look at me. Scouring the internet to see if anyone has experienced this???
My son has same thing too. 3 months after his lift. Dr I thought maybe some fluid underneath, maybe the drainage tube didn’t extract enough? that may have caused a late infection. An area on the incision line got red, puffy and then full of infection. Once it drained and antibiotics it went away. Then a smaller area along another spot on the incision happened again. So far antibiotics helped.