CLEFT LIFT IN CANADA

germane

Country flag
Thank you so much for this post. I have a traditional surgery booked for 1 month from now, and after doing some research I am terrified about the healing and chance of reoccurence.
so I have been searching and searching for someone in the GTA who does cleft lift and as I was reading through these Posts I was getting more and more discouraged. Then there was amazing you.
Thank you for linking to the websites too. On Dr Bahasadri's site I never would have found it under the heading. I'm following up with my GP tomorrow to get a referral.
I'll keep this thread posted on updates.
You are so welcome, Dashel! I hope it all works out for you. Please do not go for the traditional surgery. Please also keep this thread posted with your journey, as you're able. My fingers are crossed for you! Take good care, my friend.

Dashel

Country flag
An update: Dr bahasadri refused my doctor's referral stating he is not accepting any pilonidal cyst pt.
I did find 2 other Dr's in Ontario who are doing different surgeries, a GIPS procedure and marsupialization and was wondering if anyone had any experience with either procedure, re: pain, recovery and recurrence?
Thanks

germane

Country flag
An update: Dr bahasadri refused my doctor's referral stating he is not accepting any pilonidal cyst pt.
I did find 2 other Dr's in Ontario who are doing different surgeries, a GIPS procedure and marsupialization and was wondering if anyone had any experience with either procedure, re: pain, recovery and recurrence?
Thanks
Hi there! You might want to read the short thread titled "Laser Treatment in Toronto" and the postings by bbqpauk. They may be helpful to you. Apparently he too was initially recommended the open surgery but managed to avoid it successfully. Good luck to you, Dashel!

forkwind

Country flag
Hello, late question.
This is the only doctor I have heard in this forum that performs the cleft lift surgery in Ontario. I’ve also seen some hefty prices for the surgery as well. Was your procedure covered by OHIP at all?
Hello again, I’m back. I got my first pilonidal lanced early July of this year and I had a pretty good recovery (recovered fully in a little less than one month), but it’s become clear to me that I have another one very close to the one I got drained :(. I just contacted Dr Morgan at the Med Spa Toronto to try his laser treatment and I’ll keep you guys updated on how that goes.

PC_Random_2021

Country flag
Hello again, I’m back. I got my first pilonidal lanced early July of this year and I had a pretty good recovery (recovered fully in a little less than one month), but it’s become clear to me that I have another one very close to the one I got drained :(. I just contacted Dr Morgan at the Med Spa Toronto to try his laser treatment and I’ll keep you guys updated on how that goes.
Hi just checking in to see how it went for you.

forkwind

Country flag
Hi just checking in to see how it went for you.
So sorry for the extremely late reply/update. Essentially, they didn’t get back to me in November when I initially called them, but the flare up naturally went down on its own so I forgot about it.

Now though, on May 19 2022 I started having a terrible flare up and my GP is trying to find a local surgeon to perform the GIPS procedure. I brought up Dr Roldan in Huntsville, but my GP thinks she can find someone more local hopefully in the Halton region since Huntsville is a 2.5-3 hour drive one way. Hopefully I hear from somebody ASAP and I’ll drop some names and dates if it becomes more relevant.

PC_Random_2021

Country flag
Sorry, I missed your reply! All the
So sorry for the extremely late reply/update. Essentially, they didn’t get back to me in November when I initially called them, but the flare up naturally went down on its own so I forgot about it.

Now though, on May 19 2022 I started having a terrible flare up and my GP is trying to find a local surgeon to perform the GIPS procedure. I brought up Dr Roldan in Huntsville, but my GP thinks she can find someone more local hopefully in the Halton region since Huntsville is a 2.5-3 hour drive one way. Hopefully I hear from somebody ASAP and I’ll drop some names and dates if it becomes more relevant.
Sorry I missed your reply. Hope you were able to find someone in Halton and put this behind you! If you got some other names, would love to hear.

InPain247

Country flag

Hi Forkwind, i dont know if your still active here but how is everything right now. I am in the same region as you. Did you end up finding a surgeon that performs Cleft Lift in GTA? This diseases is really taking a toll on me.