pilon5

Country flag
Hello!

I was diagnosed with my first PC in July 2021, I had it drained and packed. It completely healed within 1 1/2 weeks the cut was closed. However I was in discomfort for 3/4 months after sitting for long periods especially sitting in the car was terrible. I then had a ultrasound and they found residual fluid leftover I went on 10 days of Clindamycin and felt much better!

Then over Christmas I felt the same discomfort and a pea sized ball, went on Clindamycin again 3 days after finishing felt the pea sized ball but bigger and more painful sitting and laying on back not a option!

I am so confused on what to do I went to a surgeon after my drainage they said get laser hair removal. (haven't done that)

I'm either open to less invasive options like the laser hair removal or would do the Cleft Lift.

I am in Canada and haven't found any doctors that do the cleft lift on the east coast I am willing to travel. I do have a home in Florida if there are any good surgeons there.

Any thoughts and recommendations would be so helpful thank you!

Last edited:
I mean laser hair removal should be done to get rid of he hairs anyways however i highly doubt laser hair removal will cure that issue since it seems there is already a pit in there which needs to be removed somehow. The body wont remove it on its own.

Hello!

I was diagnosed with my first PC in July 2021, I had it drained and packed. It completely healed within 1 1/2 weeks the cut was closed. However I was in discomfort for 3/4 months after sitting for long periods especially sitting in the car was terrible. I then had a ultrasound and they found residual fluid leftover I went on 10 days of Clindamycin and felt much better!

Then over Christmas I felt the same discomfort and a pea sized ball, went on Clindamycin again 3 days after finishing felt the pea sized ball but bigger and more painful sitting and laying on back not a option!

I am so confused on what to do I went to a surgeon after my drainage they said get laser hair removal. (haven't done that)

I'm either open to less invasive options like the laser hair removal or would do the Cleft Lift.

I am in Canada and haven't found any doctors that do the cleft lift on the east coast I am willing to travel. I do have a home in Florida if there are any good surgeons there.

Any thoughts and recommendations would be so helpful thank you!
I just had the cleft lift surgery and I found a surgeon who has done over 400 of them. I'm on the east coast but I'm a little far from Florida. I have a recommendation if it will help!

Dr. Stokes at AnMed in South Carolina. I'm not fully recovered but he totally has my recommendation. The most pleasant experience I've had with a surgeon ever.

Back