Cleft Lift Recovery

concernedman

Country flag
Hi everyone,
I got my cleft lift surgery a little over 2 months ago with Dr. Sternberg of San Francisco. I still have pain when sitting in my desk chair. Sitting on the couch is ok. Laying on my back is just somewhat uncomfortable. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and when I can expect it to go away. I also have a patch of swelling on the butt cheek that had the flap. The swelling is like a tube on the right butt cheek that doesn't seem to go down. It does not show up well in picures, but I was wondering if anyone experienced that as well.
Thanks!

AGoodCyster

Country flag
Hey @concernedman ! I had my surgery 2 months ago as well (with Dr. Immerman). I still experience some discomfort when sitting in my desk chair. Couch is usually more comfortable. I do feel like it the pain has consistently improved (and is continuing to improve) over time, but I definitely still feel some pain. Does your pain seem to be getting better or worse? My gauge is not whether I am pain-free, but if it still improving/healing. I'd be curious to hear how long it takes for the area to feel fully normal again.

CoryB

Helpful
Country flag
It takes a few/several months for the discomfort to completely go away, but it will. I'm 3 years post cleft lift and never have any discomfort anymore even with sitting all day and working out.