Cleft lift under Senapati

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
I would honestly go with cleft lift, don't do incision you have a high failure rate and it just keep reopening I suffered since 2015 with incisions 3 failed surgery's and it never healed,

Senapati removed all my failed scar tissues from my past failed surgery's.

And I'm getting stronger now since Saturday taking less pain tablets and slowly starting to walk again I'm amazed at how fast my healing rate is.
That’s amazing to hear you are recovering quickly did you ash her if there was any infected tissue or did she just remove old scar tissue

ralipotso

Very Helpful
Country flag
That's amazing about scar tissue. My last op has left me with a big keloid scar which is giving me lots of issues, would be amazing if she got rid of it. Glad to hear it's going well

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
That’s amazing to hear you are recovering quickly did you ash her if there was any infected tissue or did she just remove old scar tissue
It was infected a little bit as I was on metronidazole infection tablets on Tuesday 6th of April couple of day's before my operation on the 10th luckily the tablet's cleared the infection up I was a bit worried incase she couldn't op on me, but during my operation as I was a wake I heard her say can you get tape pull buttocks apart so I can see where all his failed old incision scars are, and than her heard her say can you get me a small knife she carefully cut it away but not deep tissues so all my old scars are now gone.

I can't wait to have the drain removed on Wednesday

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
That's amazing about scar tissue. My last op has left me with a big keloid scar which is giving me lots of issues, would be amazing if she got rid of it. Glad to hear it's going well
Cleft lift will help get rid of all that she make you're deep buttocks shallow and move it to the side so no debris or hair falls in it and air will get to it to fully heal it, reason it doesn't heal is because its deep valley dark and moist perfect for bacteria to hide in, but taking out the deep valley fixes all that, I can't wait to have my drain removed on Wednesday I've gotta try walk around though she doesn't want me staying in bed all day.

if I didn't have my drain in I might off popped out and explored Portsmouth I hope you get you're operation soon let me know and update me on you're progress I got my finger's crossed for you.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
my review of everything.
Spire Portsmouth journey time from London by car 1hr 14 minutes, and 2 to 3hrs by train. £150 per night to stay at Spire Hospital, free food and drinks excellent wi fi poor TV signal.

Cleft lift operation 10/10 definitely the best operation I've ever had, cost £300 if self funding.

Nursing team at Spire Hospital 10/10 very friendly I was well looked after during my stay.

Anesthesia team 10/10 I was worried and concerned about being put to sleep they reassured me and made me fill at ease done under spinal Anesthesia very friendly and helpful.

The drain pain level on day 1 extremely painful you can't move or walk for the first two day's blood gets sucked up drain gets removed in 5 day's after the operation.

The porter staff on day of discharge 10/10 the porter helped me by carrying all my heavy bags to the taxi, I was carried out in a wheelchair and was well looked after.

Food at the hospital not bad 8/10

The jingles bed and breakfast 10/10
This only applies if you are planning to stay in Portsmouth to have the drain taken out, the hotel is 3 mins from the hospital free breakfast the people running it are very nice they are helping all my needs and I can order takeaway meals while I'm here. £69 a night with free breakfast.

The after care once discharged unfortunately I have to rate lower once you are out of hospital sadly you are almost on you're own which is a shame but you are given an emergency number if needed to get hold of them.

Pain tablet's tramadol hydrochloride
The tablet's are very good pain reliefs it doesn't make you constipated but it does make you very drowsy and sleepy throughout the day.

Overall having the cleft lift done has been the best operation I've ever had and I believe by next week I should be able to sit down lay down on my back and be pain free but it's still bit early yet to say for sure I will update it further after 1 month has passed since my operation.

That is my full review on everything from arriving to the hospital and to having the operation and leaving hospital.

Last edited:

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
Ho
It was infected a little bit as I was on metronidazole infection tablets on Tuesday 6th of April couple of day's before my operation on the 10th luckily the tablet's cleared the infection up I was a bit worried incase she couldn't op on me, but during my operation as I was a wake I heard her say can you get tape pull buttocks apart so I can see where all his failed old incision scars are, and than her heard her say can you get me a small knife she carefully cut it away but not deep tissues so all my old scars are now gone.

How did you know it was infected did you see her before the op and where did you get your COVID test done in Portsmouth or local

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Ho

How did you know it was infected did you see her before the op and where did you get your COVID test done in Portsmouth or local
Usual pink blood on the toilet paper, heavy brown exudate on the dressings all signs of infection I'm so used to the wound over the year's. I only saw her on the day off the operation I'm not going really comment on how she is as a person as it wouldn't be fair to but she is a little bit bossy I'm just glad it's over now and I'm never going need surgery ever again.

I had my covid swab local at the spire close to me on the Wed's than had to self isolate for 3 day's.

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
I get exudate every other week it’s a real pain cleaning it up I just use the shower head to clean it couple times a day can’t wait to have the procedure done

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
I get exudate every other week it’s a real pain cleaning it up I just use the shower head to clean it couple times a day can’t wait to have the procedure done
I hope you get you're operation soon first two day's are the most painful and the drain is the annoying part having to carry all the blood around everywhere you go but it doesn't leak out but once that's taken off you be on you're way to recovery the letter I got from the hospital I posted on here gives you some tips on how to look after the cleft lift.

Keep taking metronidazole calms it down a bit.

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
I hope you get you're operation soon first two day's are the most painful and the drain is the annoying part having to carry all the blood around everywhere you go but it doesn't leak out but once that's taken off you be on you're way to recovery the letter I got from the hospital I posted on here gives you some tips on how to look after the cleft lift.

Keep taking metronidazole calms it down a bit.
Yes the first few days are always the worst I think taking care of the drain is a real pain is it just sucking the fluid out of 1 hole or two and is like a suction pumping fluid out

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Yes the first few days are always the worst I think taking care of the drain is a real pain is it just sucking the fluid out of 1 hole or two and is like a suction pumping fluid out
It's kinda like a long tube that is sucking all the blood to an sealed tight bag looks something like out of a horror movie lol, but I'm booked in for 11:30am at Spire Portsmouth outpatients for this Wed's It won't be Senapati just one of the nurse's. It's gone quick. Yay.

Last edited:

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Update: I've just had to use the bathroom for the first time since my operation omg that was truly a horrible experience I'm sweating phew that was truly agony my heart was beating fast I thought I was going tear the drain off or tear the skin but everything seems OK but I don't want to experience that again I just need to survive one more day/night until my drain is out, they didn't warn me that going to the toilet would be that bad, I've just took pain killer's.

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
Update: I've just had to use the bathroom for the first time since my operation omg that was truly a horrible experience I'm sweating phew that was truly agony my heart was beating fast I thought I was going tear the drain off or tear the skin but everything seems OK but I don't want to experience that again I just need to survive one more day/night until my drain is out, they didn't warn me that going to the toilet would be that bad, I've just took pain killer's.
That’s the only problem everyone has I think after the procedure I think once the drain is out it will be a lot easier to use the bathroom have you managed to have a look at you scar yet

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
That’s the only problem everyone has I think after the procedure I think once the drain is out it will be a lot easier to use the bathroom have you managed to have a look at you scar yet
No unfortunately I can't see it as it's all tapped up with the drain in place once they remove it tomorrow than I be able to see it, not being able to shower until tomorrow it be huge relief once I can shower I've been given lactose solution to help with constipation but I hope I don't have to go anymore until tomorrow .

No one's really been In touch with me after Sunday I don't know if Senapati wants to see me 3 week's after the operation in the past I'm used to seeing nurse's twice a week for open excision. I'm used to follow up appointments I guess it doesn't need it with cleft lift.

Last edited:

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Ps I've also just emailed her secretary just now and asked her if I need any follow-up appointments I've asked to have them at St Marks hospital I don't want to go all the way to Portsmouth just for a 10 mins follow-up appointment

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
No unfortunately I can't see it as it's all tapped up with the drain in place once they remove it tomorrow than I be able to see it, not being able to shower until tomorrow it be huge relief once I can shower I've been given lactose solution to help with constipation but I hope I don't have to go anymore until tomorrow .

No one's really been In touch with me after Sunday I don't know if Senapati wants to see me 3 week's after the operation in the past I'm used to seeing nurse's twice a week for open excision. I'm used to follow up appointments I guess it doesn't need it with cleft
Yh I don’t think you’ll need to see the nurse because it’s all closed with stitches unlike open excision that a real pain I think when I seen her she said she will need to see me after 6 to 8 weeks after the op to see if everything going well

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Yh I don’t think you’ll need to see the nurse because it’s all closed with stitches unlike open excision that a real pain I think when I seen her she said she will need to see me after 6 to 8 weeks after the op to see if everything going well
Yeah but at St Marks hospital because it's just 10 mins appointment I'm hoping to go back to work on the 26th of April see how I feel by then

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Update: I've got a follow up appointment on Monday 10th of May with Senapati but annoyingly in Portsmouth ugh didn't want to come back here, I will get the train here return as it's cheaper than taxi, and I think I will just see her that once only I don't need to see her anymore after that.

Goodluck with you're operation anyway I appreciate all the support you have given me on here I hope you get you're operation soon keep me updated on how it went. All the best to you.

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
Update: I've got a follow up appointment on Monday 10th of May with Senapati but annoyingly in Portsmouth ugh didn't want to come back here, I will get the train here return as it's cheaper than taxi, and I think I will just see her that once only I don't need to see her anymore after that.

Goodluck with you're operation anyway I appreciate all the support you have given me on here I hope you get you're operation soon keep me updated on how it went. All the best to you.
That’s a real bummer having to go all that way do a follow up oh well it’s part of the process think about me travelling 4 to 5 hours to see her and I really appreciate the kind words keep us updated on here on how your recovery goes

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
That’s a real bummer having to go all that way do a follow up oh well it’s part of the process think about me travelling 4 to 5 hours to see her and I really appreciate the kind words keep us updated on here on how your recovery goes
Update: I've had a bit of accident I went to sit down on the toilet as I got up I felt dizzy light headed room started spinning around than I was sick puke up everywhere, I don't know what the hell happened I seem to be ok now resting on my bed but I should still hopefully be OK to take the drain out in 1hr I don't know what happened I hope my wound is ok.