Cleft lift under Senapati

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
That’s a real bummer having to go all that way do a follow up oh well it’s part of the process think about me travelling 4 to 5 hours to see her and I really appreciate the kind words keep us updated on here on how your recovery goes
Further update: drain now taken out taking the drain out was agony, walking with it out is a little easier but don't expect to sit down right away, dissolvable stitches comes out in 6 to 8 weeks.

Pain levels continue to take ibuprofen

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
Further update: drain now taken out taking the drain out was agony, walking with it out is a little easier but don't expect to sit down right away, dissolvable stitches comes out in 6 to 8 weeks.

Pain levels continue to take ibuprofen
It might be all that medication your taking atleast you’ve got the drain out did you have 2 places it was draining from or one what did the nurse say about you incision

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
It might be all that medication your taking atleast you’ve got the drain out did you have 2 places it was draining from or one what did the nurse say about you incision
Just the 1 long drain she said just put soft pore gauze dressing over it with some tape you can get you're parent's to do that or you're local nurse and just to keep an eye out, sitting is still too painful getting In and out of the taxi was difficult walking is a tiny bit better with the drain out, leave the stitches they will just dissolve in 6 to 8 week's, it's best to keep pressure off the area so continue to lay on the side and just gently shower over it very gentle water and than keep it dry.

I'm 5 day's since surgery I'm not sure when I will be able to sit again been watching YouTube videos some say after 6 month's you should be pain free cleft lift won't be a miracle right after the op it's going take a while to fully get back up on you're feet and the thing Is all patient's are different some recover faster some are slower but it's still the best operation to have once you get over the full recovery.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
And generally everyone that's getting the cleft lift operation with Senapati I just need to tell everyone it's not a fast recovering operation everyone that thinks it's quick it be over in a week I'm sorry but no even Senapati will confirm it recovery is not fast not at all, it fully heals it yes, and you don't need any more operations yes that part Is true but anyone that says it's quick and over in 2 weeks is fibbing there's no way stitches takes 6 to 8 weeks drain takes 5 day's and sitting pain free is a while

I thought clear that up on everyone who is next to have the cleft lift operation

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
How's things today have you been given you're cleft lift operation date yet?

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
How's things today have you been given you're cleft lift operation date yet?
No I’ve not been given a date yet I’ve been chasing them up but no luck yet hopefully I get booked in very soon get this over with as soon as possible how are you doing either the recovery

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
No I’ve not been given a date yet I’ve been chasing them up but no luck yet hopefully I get booked in very soon get this over with as soon as possible how are you doing either the recovery
I spoke with Senapati yesterday on the phone because of the small fall I had and had to check everything is ok, she might be starting her nhs work in June so hopefully you hear something.
I'm doing OK pooping is the worst walking is gradually getting better I still can't lay on my back or sit down because of the stitches but I seem to be moving in the right direction.

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
T
I spoke with Senapati yesterday on the phone because of the small fall I had and had to check everything is ok, she might be starting her nhs work in June so hopefully you hear something.
I'm doing OK pooping is the worst walking is gradually getting better I still can't lay on my back or sit down because of the stitches but I seem to be moving in the right.
That’s good to hear you are recovering pooping is always the worst any procedure you get she’s starting nhs in June that’s still 2 months away and it depends where I am on the list have you managed to have a look at you scar yet

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
T

That’s good to hear you are recovering pooping is always the worst any procedure you get she’s starting nhs in June that’s still 2 months away and it depends where I am on the list have you managed to have a look at you scar yet
Well she said she's hoping to start her nhs work in June, I asked her why can't I see her on the NHS instead of Portsmouth on the 10th of May, and she said unfortunately because of covid delays so finger's crossed you will be high on the list.

I'm not sure I want to see the scar lol I don't think it's possible until the stitches have dissolved which is going be a while I be glad to sit down and lay on my back again it's difficult laying on the side my leg's starts getting numb and hurts gotta get up and walk around.

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
Well she said she's hoping to start her nhs work in June, I asked her why can't I see her on the NHS instead of Portsmouth on the 10th of May, and she said unfortunately because of covid delays so finger's crossed you will be high on the list.

I'm not sure I want to see the scar lol I don't think it's possible until the stitches have dissolved which is going be a while I be glad to sit down and lay on my back again it's difficult laying on the side my leg's starts getting numb and hurts gotta get up and walk around.
Hopefully I get seen as soon as possible and get this over with

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Hopefully I get seen as soon as possible and get this over with
Update: I'm off home now checked out of the b and b and leaving Portsmouth 60 miles to get back to London, when you have you're operation I would make sure you get the 1 night hospital stay because carrying a drain with you is difficult I'm laying on my sides in the car and my drain is out and I can say sitting in the long journey home is painful.
I will be resting fully at home now and hopefully in another 2 weeks I be almost healed I'm going take a lot nutrients protein vitamins to boost my healing. All the best

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
Update: I'm off home now checked out of the b and b and leaving Portsmouth 60 miles to get back to London, when you have you're operation I would make sure you get the 1 night hospital stay because carrying a drain with you is difficult I'm laying on my sides in the car and my drain is out and I can say sitting in the long journey home is painful.
I will be resting fully at home now and hopefully in another 2 weeks I be almost healed I'm going take a lot nutrients protein vitamins to boost my healing. All the best
That’s good to hear you are home now when i seen her she did tell me about the 1 night stay but she advised to go for a daycase and stay in a hotel that way I will have the operation much quicker that way probably a less waiting time I don’t mind have a lot of vitamin c it definitely helps and keep us updated on healing

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
That’s good to hear you are home now when i seen her she did tell me about the 1 night stay but she advised to go for a daycase and stay in a hotel that way I will have the operation much quicker that way probably a less waiting time I don’t mind have a lot of vitamin c it definitely helps and keep us updated on healing
Yeah you need the 1 night stay with 4hrs travel impossible with a daycase unless you live local.
If you're having it done in Portsmouth I recommend the jingles Hotel free breakfast they were fantastic with me, and helped me out so much, definitely will update in 2 weeks :).

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Update: 9 day's has passed since my cleft lift operation I'm slowly starting to get stronger, haven't took any pain tablet's this morning pain is slowly getting easier.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
That’s good to hear you are recovering and not taking medication
All my vitamins and protein is boosting my healing I will be returning back to work next week with reduced hour's so that will be the true test, but I feel good I'm amazed at how quickly it's healing vs general surgery, I'd say the first week is the worst but the 2nd week less pain less tablet's is a good sign, it's got another 6 weeks to go yet though until I can do all my normal activities but it's all positive so far.

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
That’s amazing you are healing very quickly the first week is always the worst has the hole healed where the drain was and good luck at work take it easy

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
That’s amazing you are healing very quickly the first week is always the worst has the hole healed where the drain was and good luck at work take it easy
Laying on the sides is still tricky my legs hurt after a long time, what I love about cleft lift is not having to see the nurse's at the gp for daily dressings it drove me crazy having it changed lol 6 week's left to go come this Saturday :)

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
When you get you're cleft lift done it's going to take 6-8 weeks to fully heal, drink plenty of water and you will need probably 3 follow up appointments with Senapati.