Cleft lift under Senapati

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Has the hole healed where the drain was have you had any leakage since it was removed
Yeah that healed up age's ago it's only the size of a small button, zero leakage after the drain was removed, just waiting for the absorbable stitches to dissolve than I should be able to walk around better, that's the only thing that's irritating

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Has the hole healed where the drain was have you had any leakage since it was removed
Update: 2 week's has passed since my operation I'm at the stage now that I've gotta be really careful, any amount of bending could split it and I've gotta keep an eye out for infections any heavy discharge is a bad sign, it's crucial now that I get through the next 2 week's before my follow up appointment with Senapati.

Jamie25

Country flag
No I’ve not been given a date yet I’ve been chasing them up but no luck yet hopefully I get booked in very soon get this over with as soon as possible how are you doing either the recovery
Hi I saw Senapati on the NHS any luck on an operation date?, she told me she might be retiring this year I would get cleft lift done pretty quickly.

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
Hi I saw Senapati on the NHS any luck on an operation date?, she told me she might be retiring this year I would get cleft lift done pretty quickly.
No I’ve not been given a date yet when did you see her she’s booked me in to get the procedure with her just waiting for a date

Jamie25

Country flag
No I’ve not been given a date yet when did you see her she’s booked me in to get the procedure with her just waiting for a date
Monday my wound is infected I don't want open surgery she be retiring this year don't want unexperienced surgeon doing cleft closure.

Jamie25

Country flag
Update: 2 week's has passed since my operation I'm at the stage now that I've gotta be really careful, any amount of bending could split it and I've gotta keep an eye out for infections any heavy discharge is a bad sign, it's crucial now that I get through the next 2 week's before my follow up appointment with Senapati.
Looks like you done well I'm scared off the operation will it heal me?

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Looks like you done well I'm scared off the operation will it heal me?
Hi thanks honestly you don't have anything to worry about although the first 2 week's is the hardest, this will change you're life for the better it has the highest success healing rate. Senapati has performed over a 1000 piliondial sinus operations over the year's.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
How's thing's with you? My healing has unfortunately slowed down bit frustrating but it's expected I'm hoping that it accelerates again this week, just goes to show that even cleft lift still takes a while to heal.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
How's thing's going? My insurance company sent me a copy of the hospital bill that they paid, £1.4k and £55 for a covid swab you definitely making the right choice with having it done on the NHS and that don't include the 1 night hospital stay, I'm glad they paid for everything.

Jamie25

Country flag
How's thing's going? My insurance company sent me a copy of the hospital bill that they paid, £1.4k and £55 for a covid swab you definitely making the right choice with having it done on the NHS and that don't include the 1 night hospital stay, I'm glad they paid for everything.
Sound's expensive are you able to lay down?

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Update: 3 weeks has passed since my cleft lift and unfortunately I'm going have to be a little negative it's still too painful sitting and laying down so it's taking my cleft lift longer than normal to heal so I just want to say it's not so magical all the time.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Damn, that's a shame to hear. Hang in there
Hasn't opened up but it's still too painful laying on my back and sitting maybe I'm not allowing for the 6 to 8 weeks estimated heal time and trying to run before I can walk, fingers crossed things improve.

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
Hasn't opened up but it's still too painful laying on my back and sitting maybe I'm not allowing for the 6 to 8 weeks estimated heal time and trying to run before I can walk, fingers crossed things improve.
I think it is still early yet 3 weeks is not enough time it may take longer for the pain to ease off definitely need to wait 6 to 8 weeks for some improvements

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
I think it is still early yet 3 weeks is not enough time it may take longer for the pain to ease off definitely need to wait 6 to 8 weeks for some improvements
You're probably right i think I'm just trying to rush thing's too quickly, soon as these stitches have gone I will probably be fine.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Update: so thing's are slowly getting better now compared to the other day, zero leakage no dressings needed, hasn't opened up so that's the positives.

I see Senapati next Monday for check up, I think I will leave posting on here for now and come back in two week's time to update that I might have fully healed.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Update: just saw Senapati today for follow up she said everything looks really well the bottom bit is a tiny bit open but that heal on it's own nothing to worry about

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
That good to hear when you say tiny bit open is like 1cm or less
Less than that, she said it was going to happen because of where it is but it's nothing to worry about doesn't need dressings, it will just heal up in a couple of week's.

Lots of water and protein.

Last edited: