Cleft lift under Senapati

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
I just went to get the drain removed taking the plaster off was worse than taking the drain out it was stuck on like glue steri strips are still on I had a look can’t see much just some dry blood on the incision she said everything looks good said the hole should heal in 2 days

ralipotso

Very Helpful
Country flag
Good news. Once drain is out I think you'll be surprised how much the pain decreases. My op was about a week ago, drain out for a few days and back tomorrow for a nurse to have a check up. Hope yours goes well

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
Yes it already is a bit easier carrying the drain is a pain I’m just taking it easy now hopefully everything goes well tomorrow for you

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Good news. Once drain is out I think you'll be surprised how much the pain decreases. My op was about a week ago, drain out for a few days and back tomorrow for a nurse to have a check up. Hope yours goes well
Have you tried sitting down yet for long periods of time?

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
I just went to get the drain removed taking the plaster off was worse than taking the drain out it was stuck on like glue steri strips are still on I had a look can’t see much just some dry blood on the incision she said everything looks good said the hole should heal in 2 days
Glad to hear it just take thing's easy now. Thing's will be better from here on out no more operations.

ralipotso

Very Helpful
Country flag
Have you tried sitting down yet for long periods of time?
Nope still very much on my side. I'm being super cautious. 3 more weeks off work too so I'm not pushing myself at all.

Biggest help has been taking Lactulose twice per day to soften stools. Caused me huge issues first two ops, this time been much easier

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Nope still very much on my side. I'm being super cautious. 3 more weeks off work too so I'm not pushing myself at all.

Biggest help has been taking Lactulose twice per day to soften stools. Caused me huge issues first two ops, this time been much easier
Yeah it's good to rest as much as possible I think 3 week's is best before returning back to work.

Only positive I can say is when I wipe its bone dry no blood stains no leakages I tried laying on my back it was ok for an hour but had to turn to my side but I'm getting stronger, but with work all the sweating makes my skin sore at work, so I gotta think of something for work to protect the bottom bit as I sweat so much at work, I need something to protect my skin.

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
Oh - You're on home stretch by sound of it then. I remember it being a bit painful at times even when it was healed. Sometimes used to get electric shocks also. I was told its the nerves adapting/healing under the skin

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Oh - You're on home stretch by sound of it then. I remember it being a bit painful at times even when it was healed. Sometimes used to get electric shocks also. I was told its the nerves adapting/healing under the skin
Aww yeah because there is no blood or anything or any infections sometimes it's pain free and sometimes it hurts if I twist a certain way I hope it's on the road to recovery now top bit is fully healed just still waiting a bit for the bottom bit to ease off that's the only pain I have is the bottom area

But if it was slight open there would definitely be blood wiping and its all dry so that's good I guess

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Yes it already is a bit easier carrying the drain is a pain I’m just taking it easy now hopefully everything goes well tomorrow for you
I'm healed and I'm outta here, took me 10 week's lots of water and vitamins it gives an idea how long it takes but you will probably heal faster then me but all the best to you're healing.

I'm back to full 10hrs shifts now at work so I'm busy now, I might pop in and out to help other's out on here.

Goodluck with the rest of you're healing:)

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
That’s amazing I’m really happy you have healed finally still early day’s for me ive started taking multivitamin toady to help with recovery all the best take it easy

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
That’s amazing I’m really happy you have healed finally still early day’s for me ive started taking multivitamin toady to help with recovery all the best take it easy
Have you seen you're scar yet? Oddly I seem to have no scar unless It's so thin and barley visible

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
No I had a look can’t see nothing atm still got steri strips on just abit of dry blood along the incision
The nurse should take the steri strips off on you're next visit and might remove some dissolve stitches and then after that you should start feeling much stronger but it's still early for you to sit long periods of time.

Unknown2

Very Helpful
Country flag
I’m not seeing the nurse anymore my next appointment is with senapati in 4 weeks I don’t think they should remove any stitches they will dissolve them self

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
I’m not seeing the nurse anymore my next appointment is with senapati in 4 weeks I don’t think they should remove any stitches they will dissolve them self
Yeah Senapati did remove some bottom bit stitches even though they do dissolve on there own but some don't she left the top stitches