Cyst almost gone but pain?

Cheenak

Country flag
Hi!

Long story (almost) short, was misdiagnosed 10 years ago with a broken tailbone () and ended up having emergency surgery on a huge abscess. Had sepsis. Very sick etc etc. So I haven’t had the most normal experience of a pilonidal cyst starting out and nothing to compare it to.

About three weeks ago, I got diagnosed with a small cyst after noticing some pain there. Doctor put me straight on antibiotics knowing my history. They definitely helped but it didn’t go away completely. I got a second (different) antibiotic which is helping but I’m nearly finished them. The redness and swelling have gone down and are almost non-existent but I’m still getting slight pain in it.

Has anyone experienced this? I feel like I’m being dramatic ringing my doctor because it’s slightly sore but it’s not even visible any more.
Would be grateful if any advice!

KatieMarie

Very Helpful
Country flag
Unfortunately, antibiotics aren’t usually able to heal this disease long term. It’s caused by the way the cleft is shaped and the anatomy that causes the issue needs to be corrected. After my first failed surgery, I was left with an open wound for 9 months because my cyst came back almost immediately. They tried antibiotics which would dry it up and heal it for a few weeks but it would never last. I know it’s crushing to hear and incredibly stressful, but after hours upon hours of research, I truly believe the Cleft Lift is the answer to this horrid disease. I had mine done 1.5 years ago and have been healed ever since! If your cyst doesn’t go away, I would strongly recommend looking into it. It changed my life. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about it or what surgeons to see. It’s very important to choose the right one.

Cheenak

Country flag
Unfortunately, antibiotics aren’t usually able to heal this disease long term. It’s caused by the way the cleft is shaped and the anatomy that causes the issue needs to be corrected. After my first failed surgery, I was left with an open wound for 9 months because my cyst came back almost immediately. They tried antibiotics which would dry it up and heal it for a few weeks but it would never last. I know it’s crushing to hear and incredibly stressful, but after hours upon hours of research, I truly believe the Cleft Lift is the answer to this horrid disease. I had mine done 1.5 years ago and have been healed ever since! If your cyst doesn’t go away, I would strongly recommend looking into it. It changed my life. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about it or what surgeons to see. It’s very important to choose the right one.

Cheenak

Country flag
Honestly it was the answer I was expecting, just felt dramatic at the time haha. I can’t remember if I had a cleft lift or marsupialization at the time of my very first one in 2010 but have been warned more times than I can count that it would come back. I had a couple of minute flare ups but this time I got a proper one and it was dealt with with antibiotics. Waiting on a hospital referral now. I’d rather get it done and have it dealt with! Bring it on!
Thanks for that