detoxing is awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricket1

Helpful
well i'm finally over the hump with getting off the pain meds. i'm like 82 hours in and if i ever have to look at another pill, ever ever,i'll puke. i however have two kidneys with 40 plus stones in each side and i'll produce them the rest of my life, so the liklihood of staying off these forever is slim to none, but i'm gonna try.

i'm really starting to agree my butt pain is nerve related and i'm just gonna work thru it. i'm hoping to get a scan on my butt on monday just to make sure theres not another abcess.

withdrawel is sooooooooooo hard and frustrating and lonely. good way to lose weight tho. i haven't eaten in three days and i'm down 10 pounds.[:8)] i do however hope my appetite gets better soon.i've been pretty sick and really wish i could just sleep thru it but of course i have 4 kids to still take care of.

thanks to all of u who read my bantering but i just really wanted to share my pain with anyone. wish me luck in the next few days. i'm almost caved a dozen times already and i would be soooooo mad at myself if i did that. i'm toooooo far ahead to be taking steps backwards.

american pi

Good job getting yourself off the pain meds. I work at a neurologist office, and see all the time patients who get hooked on narcotics: not pretty. I think if I had 40+ stones though, I'd be on them all the time. I had 4 and would have been lost with out my meds. I don't know how you function with that many, no meds, AND 4 kids! Props to you! :)

cricket1

Helpful
well the stones are just sitting there and if they don't get out i have no pain but my doc sais they will cause me big problems considering most of them are unpassable. 8 mm and bigger and they need to get blasted but because of my butt we can't do anything because the surgery is to rough on it and rips it open and than i end up at square one with the pilo thing. it feel like a lose lose situation. get my butt fixed and the kidneys pay or vice versa.

MaVeRiCk7

Very Helpful
Country flag
Thats awful cricket I didn't know you had stones too. What has you surgeon/doctor advised you to do?

cricket1

Helpful
which surgeon doctor, my nephrologist/urologist or my pilo doc. my pilo doc said no more blastings or i'll never be cured and my urologist said i need the blastings or my kidneys could end up in real trouble. its an awful situation and i don't know what to do. in one year i had three kidney blastings and three pilo surgerys. the best i can hope for is that my pilo will heal up soon enough so i can take care of my kidneys too.

MaVeRiCk7

Very Helpful
Country flag
Is there not any other way they can remove the stone from the kidneys. I really feel for you as its bad enough having this pilo.

How is your healing going? I think it may be the best solution for you to wait until you heal but it depends if the stones cause any damage as they are not being dealt with first which I really hope will not be the case.

rumble

Glad the detox is going along okay-ish. You will make it. You've come so far already. Bummer on the kidney issues, though. Hope the pilo heals up so you can get those blasted soon. Are you on a special diet to avoid making more stones or is that even possible (avoid calcium or oxalate or urate, etc)?

cricket1

Helpful
actually i'm on a protein restricted diet which is part of good healing for the pilo. and also salt restriction.

cricket1

Helpful
well this afternoon, i actually felt invigorated for the first time in a long time.[:8)][:8)]. i'm still losing tons of weight and can't really eat solids yet but i am hoping tomorrow will be even better than today.i actually felt pretty good and better yet news is that this is also the first day that i haven't had those horrible twinges in my butt cheek so i'm feeling cautiously optimistic that the cleft may have been the light at the end of my long long tunnel. toooooooo soon to tell for sure. i'm still only 5 weeks post op but i can even drive now. i don't think theres anything i can't do so i'd say overall a very quick heal time in comparison to my last 4 surgerys.

Yay, that's great news Cricket!! I'm so glad you're feeling better now, and that you're able to drive again!!

I still got my fingers crossed for you, and I really really hope that this cleft lift was indeed the light at the end of the tunnel for you :D

MrBee

I'm so happy that you finally managed to beat this disease [x0x]
How are you feeling now? Is everything going fine? Did the pain go away completely?
[:8)]

cricket1

Helpful
thanks but i fear i'm a ways from beating this yet. i'm not even 6 weeks post op but yes the pain is better but i do still get soar from time to time. i just hope all goes well with you. i'm thinking about u.

cricket1

Helpful
well i'm two weeks off pain meds now and feeling pretty darn good. i have advice to all my fellow sufferers......get off pain meds as soon as u feel u can cause i honestly have never been that sick before in all my life. however i have soooooo many other medical problems that that probably contributed to my dependance. this month was one full year.

now lets hope i get no more kidney problems or any opening of my wound. i'll just think posotive and i'll hope to have a wonderful summer filled with swimming and gardening. its been years since i could do either so wish me luck. hugs to all of u who are living with this and who yet have to start this journey.[o+o]

Xanitos2

Kudos on getting off the meds! I'm the same way, if I even think about taking an advil it's like i'm gonna throw up. You might find it'll keep your spirits up, knowing you can handle it all on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.