Did my doctor do me wrong?

rockergrl718

Country flag
I had a cyst abscess before, about 2 years ago. Went to my physician and some doctor in training lanced it for me. During this, she showed her nurse the hair that caused it. I asked her to remove it and she said she can't do that. I now have another one. I didn't know it was possible to remove this, or that it even grows back. Did she do me wrong by not removing it or telling me I could remove it? I thought it was lance and done. Now I know it's a bigger issue. Any tips to ease the pain, and to drain it at home? I have no health insurance now, and no money. I won't be eligible for work insurance until October, and I'm looking into Medicaid now. Last time it cost me $236, and I went in not knowing my dad had removed me from his insurance. He went out of his way to kick me off. It cost him nothing having me there.

kplll

Country flag
I had a cyst abscess before, about 2 years ago. Went to my physician and some doctor in training lanced it for me. During this, she showed her nurse the hair that caused it. I asked her to remove it and she said she can't do that. I now have another one. I didn't know it was possible to remove this, or that it even grows back. Did she do me wrong by not removing it or telling me I could remove it? I thought it was lance and done. Now I know it's a bigger issue. Any tips to ease the pain, and to drain it at home? I have no health insurance now, and no money. I won't be eligible for work insurance until October, and I'm looking into Medicaid now. Last time it cost me $236, and I went in not knowing my dad had removed me from his insurance. He went out of his way to kick me off. It cost him nothing having me there.

First off, I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I understand your pain.

The draining and surgery are different things. From what I've gathered over my research is that draining is a temporary fix.

Home remedies: Epsom salt in the hot bath and soak/hot shower. Ttree oil, castor oil (put on a cotton ball and place on cyst). Drawing salve: I highly recommend this, I found mine at Sprouts. It's a thick cream that is made to draw out boils...take a thick amount and put it on a gauze overnight. Heating pad will provide relief, rubbing alcohol, baking soda/vinegar paste.

Sometimes people say it will explode on its own or you may have to try and squeeze it and get it to explode yourself. If you can't get this done alone I would suggest trying to get ACCESS or another sort of government healthcare. As sometimes the only way it will drain is through a procedure.

Hopefully this could help you. I wish you much luck and a quick road to relief.

kplll

Country flag
First off, I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I understand your pain.

The draining and surgery are different things. From what I've gathered over my research is that draining is a temporary fix.

Home remedies: Epsom salt in the hot bath and soak/hot shower. Ttree oil, castor oil (put on a cotton ball and place on cyst). Drawing salve: I highly recommend this, I found mine at Sprouts. It's a thick cream that is made to draw out boils...take a thick amount and put it on a gauze overnight. Heating pad will provide relief, rubbing alcohol, baking soda/vinegar paste.

Sometimes people say it will explode on its own or you may have to try and squeeze it and get it to explode yourself. If you can't get this done alone I would suggest trying to get ACCESS or another sort of government healthcare. As sometimes the only way it will drain is through a procedure.

Hopefully this could help you. I wish you much luck and a quick road to relief.

The surgery is a more permanent solution that only very specific doctors can do. It's often expensive and has to be recommended. If you get better health insurance down the line I would suggest looking into surgery. That's what I'm doing when I get better health insurance in the fall.

Ariel427

Country flag
What I did to get mines to drain and get the pain to lower since I was at the point that I could not even walk! I was putting a hot damp towel on top of the Cyst and on top of the towl I put somthing that weights and yes this will hurt a lil but will accelerate the process to propmote drainage which is the goal

r4nd0o64

Very Helpful
Country flag
Did she do me wrong by not removing it or telling me I could remove it?

Probably not, but anything is possible. Some people don't want to drain the cyst and let it resolve on its own or wait or not help you. For example in the decade I've had cysts I've never had them drained, I would apply heat, wait for them to burst, clean, move on.

Any tips to ease the pain, and to drain it at home?

Ibuprofen and heat works well. If you really cannot find a doctor to drain it, get a sterile needle and drain it yourself. Or wait for it to burst. I've never done anything other than letting it burst on its own, which is always painful but relieving once it happens.

I just got so used to it, really sucks