Does this sound like pilonidal disease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I'm hoping someone can help me to figure out why I'm having all this pain - it seems to me like a PC but the my doctor is skeptical. I am a 50 year old male. When I was about 20 I had what I'm sure was a PC - it started with a deep pain and over the course of about a month, gradually came to the surface and popped open, oozing for days - then I had no more problem with it. I did not see a doctor. About a year ago whenever doing sit ups I started to feel the same deep pain as I had had 30 years prior. It didn't bother me much until about two months ago when I started feeling it when sitting, and especially when getting up from sitting. Now it's hurting even when I lie on my back sometimes and I can't sit for more than a few minutes. I went to my GP yesterday and he was quite baffled - no matteer where he poked or prodded, he could not make me feel that pain. There is absolutely no visual evidence of it. To me it seems that I have a cyst that is tunneling deep inside instead of coming to the surface. I've read through most of the case histories and haven't found a situation like mine - it seems there is always an oozing sore at the surface. Does anyone have any thoughts about this or has anyone experienced similar symptoms? My doctor is very open minded and doesn't mind when I tell him of all my self diagnoses. I told him what I think this is and he decided to do an x-ray, then if there is nothing abnormal, he will order an MRI. Ihad the xray yesterday and I go see the doctor again tomorrow morning. Any thoughts about this anyone might have would be much appreciated-
Claude in Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.