Don't let consultants and surgeons fob you off

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
just a quick post experience from my wound, 2016 I had open surgery with the NHS it was the worst decision I made once I was discharged from hospital I was on my own the surgeon who performed it didn't want to know and left it in the hands of the gp tp try and heal it sadly my wound got no end of infections and went chronic.

Fast forward to February of last year
I decided to go private my consultant excised it and I was left with large open wound i spent from February to August 2019 in trying to heal it, they used negative pressure dressings which did heal it up, but sadly i only had a break of just over 6 months and the wound reopened now back to square one having dressings.

End the day consultant's just tell you what you want to hear and open surgery is the worst outcome they try to say oh this will never heal without surgery but once you go through it that's it from my experience they don't want to deal with you anymore

Now positive feedback i been reading is cleft lift and I think that's the best option for this

Ron Bowers

Country flag
just a quick post experience from my wound, 2016 I had open surgery with the NHS it was the worst decision I made once I was discharged from hospital I was on my own the surgeon who performed it didn't want to know and left it in the hands of the gp tp try and heal it sadly my wound got no end of infections and went chronic.

Fast forward to February of last year
I decided to go private my consultant excised it and I was left with large open wound i spent from February to August 2019 in trying to heal it, they used negative pressure dressings which did heal it up, but sadly i only had a break of just over 6 months and the wound reopened now back to square one having dressings.

End the day consultant's just tell you what you want to hear and open surgery is the worst outcome they try to say oh this will never heal without surgery but once you go through it that's it from my experience they don't want to deal with you anymore

Now positive feedback i been reading is cleft lift and I think that's the best option for this
This is what I am afraid of.

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
I had a wide excision in 2009. Tried to heal it for the next 8 years. Healing and breaking down. Finally got cleft lift in 2017 in Portsmouth. Healed up completely within a few months. Coming up to 4 years healed. However I do feel like the failure and stress of those 8 years has given me some form of PTSD..

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
I had a wide excision in 2009. Tried to heal it for the next 8 years. Healing and breaking down. Finally got cleft lift in 2017 in Portsmouth. Healed up completely within a few months. Coming up to 4 years healed. However I do feel like the failure and stress of those 8 years has given me some form of PTSD..
I'm waiting to see asha Senapati in Portsmouth unfortunately with lockdown still in place they are not performing any operations right now, once we are out of lockdown then I should be able to have my operation