Don't let consultants and surgeons fob you off

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
just a quick post experience from my wound, 2016 I had open surgery with the NHS it was the worst decision I made once I was discharged from hospital I was on my own the surgeon who performed it didn't want to know and left it in the hands of the gp tp try and heal it sadly my wound got no end of infections and went chronic.

Fast forward to February of last year
I decided to go private my consultant excised it and I was left with large open wound i spent from February to August 2019 in trying to heal it, they used negative pressure dressings which did heal it up, but sadly i only had a break of just over 6 months and the wound reopened now back to square one having dressings.

End the day consultant's just tell you what you want to hear and open surgery is the worst outcome they try to say oh this will never heal without surgery but once you go through it that's it from my experience they don't want to deal with you anymore

Now positive feedback i been reading is cleft lift and I think that's the best option for this

Ron Bowers

Country flag
just a quick post experience from my wound, 2016 I had open surgery with the NHS it was the worst decision I made once I was discharged from hospital I was on my own the surgeon who performed it didn't want to know and left it in the hands of the gp tp try and heal it sadly my wound got no end of infections and went chronic.

Fast forward to February of last year
I decided to go private my consultant excised it and I was left with large open wound i spent from February to August 2019 in trying to heal it, they used negative pressure dressings which did heal it up, but sadly i only had a break of just over 6 months and the wound reopened now back to square one having dressings.

End the day consultant's just tell you what you want to hear and open surgery is the worst outcome they try to say oh this will never heal without surgery but once you go through it that's it from my experience they don't want to deal with you anymore

Now positive feedback i been reading is cleft lift and I think that's the best option for this
This is what I am afraid of.

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
I had a wide excision in 2009. Tried to heal it for the next 8 years. Healing and breaking down. Finally got cleft lift in 2017 in Portsmouth. Healed up completely within a few months. Coming up to 4 years healed. However I do feel like the failure and stress of those 8 years has given me some form of PTSD..

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
I had a wide excision in 2009. Tried to heal it for the next 8 years. Healing and breaking down. Finally got cleft lift in 2017 in Portsmouth. Healed up completely within a few months. Coming up to 4 years healed. However I do feel like the failure and stress of those 8 years has given me some form of PTSD..
I'm waiting to see asha Senapati in Portsmouth unfortunately with lockdown still in place they are not performing any operations right now, once we are out of lockdown then I should be able to have my operation

Healing86

Country flag
I'm waiting to see asha Senapati in Portsmouth unfortunately with lockdown still in place they are not performing any operations right now, once we are out of lockdown then I should be able to have my operation
I’m also waiting for surgery with Miss Senapati. Did she give you a rough time of when it might be?

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Good luck to you Spokm
Cheers like it's actually getting worse each day the pains is annoying me, and just putting soft pore dressings over the top with guaze isn't helping me sooner I get my cleft lift done the better and hopefully it be the end of this nightmare decease

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
I’m also waiting for surgery with Miss Senapati. Did she give you a rough time of when it might be?
It's going be when we're out of lockdown which is sadly going be may or June It's a waiting game of being in pain blood unfortunately just keep drinking water and keep taking protein helps ease the pain a bit try not sit down for too long

Healing86

Country flag
It's going be when we're out of lockdown which is sadly going be may or June It's a waiting game of being in pain blood unfortunately just keep drinking water and keep taking protein helps ease the pain a bit try not sit down for too long
Luckily mine doesnt hurt, just leeks a lot and worried it will get infected. have had a open wound for over two years. Praying the cleft lift will work need my life back!! Have you gone private?

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Luckily mine doesnt hurt, just leeks a lot and worried it will get infected. have had a open wound for over two years. Praying the cleft lift will work need my life back!! Have you gone private?
I'm same situation keeps healing reopens it's the same repeat as last year, March last year reopened than I had negative pressure dressings than 1 year on I'm now getting pain again when I sit down at my computer desk to play game's it's agony, I have gone private but sadly last email sent to me is there not performing any operations right now in Portsmouth and that will let me know a date when I can come, but the thing is due to the distance I will need a hotel to recover and hotel's are shut until May.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
I'm also using soft pore dressings and putting gauze dressing in myself to soak up Any blood and I change the dressings myself I don't want to see any more nurses at the gp is a waste of time, and would be there forever trying to heal it, cleft is the only cure.

Healing86

Country flag
I'm same situation keeps healing reopens it's the same repeat as last year, March last year reopened than I had negative pressure dressings than 1 year on I'm now getting pain again when I sit down at my computer desk to play game's it's agony, I have gone private but sadly last email sent to me is there not performing any operations right now in Portsmouth and that will let me know a date when I can come, but the thing is due to the distance I will need a hotel to recover and hotel's are shut until May.
Yeh I’m same also got to travel. She told me I will need a hotel for one night after surgery. Fingers crossed not long to wait.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Good luck to you Spokm
I will be going for my cleft lift with Asha Senapati hopefully next month covid19 delayed it, so only thing he what will the pain be like? Does it require dressings how long until the drain comes out I believe I'm getting 1 night stay at hospital and I will get taxi home works out cheaper than a week hotel, 1hr 30 mins drive door to door I'm in sheer agony right now wound infected keeps reopening I'm fed up with the bleeding pain not being able to sit down I've had to go sick from work because of it I can't wait for my cleft lift operation you said it's the best I so need it

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
Great news Spokm. Pain during recovery was minimal, pooping most uncomfortable but nothing major.

No dressings. I think some gauze for a short period. My drain came out after 3 weeks or so.. That felt strange and quite sharp, very quick though. Was totally healed in a few months.

Been healed for quite a few years now - best decision I've ever made.

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Great news Spokm. Pain during recovery was minimal, pooping most uncomfortable but nothing major.

No dressings. I think some gauze for a short period. My drain came out after 3 weeks or so.. That felt strange and quite sharp, very quick though. Was totally healed in a few months.

Been healed for quite a few years now - best decision I've ever made.
Awesome I can't wait to have my surgery I wish I knew about cleft lift year's ago I only discovered it on here, I so can't wait to be able to go to the cinema and watch a movie without getting up from the chair and being In pain I can't wait to go on holiday's without the embarrassment of being in pain walking around sitting on buses trains ect and planes I so can't wait to be normal at work without having to go sick anymore been so lucky that my job is understanding and above all else I can't wait to play my games without having to stop cause I'm in pain

Spokm34

Very Helpful
Country flag
Quick update I've spoken to pat today and I will be having my cleft lift operation 10th of April, privately at Spire Portsmouth Hospital, little bit nervous but I'm ready 1 night Hospital stay than going home on the 11th April will update how the operation went and what to expect.

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
Hey. That's amazing, not that long at all. Perfectly normal to feel nervous.. I was really nervous but everyone is so friendly and calming, I was really impressed with it all. Anesthetist will make sure you're calm with some drugs (and jokes) before you go under. This is one of the best things you'll ever do - and it will fix you - remember that :)