eMedicine- pilonidal.org for more info

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tail Bone

Hi everyone, I was searching the EMedicine Consumers Health site and under More Information, it links to Pilonidal.org. COOL!!

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/articles/20243-8.asp

Hey Sasha your certainly doing something right!!

WARNING

I Called the Nurse Help Line, at the BC Health Guide Online.
I stated that i was going to have a Pilonidal Cyst Removed with Excision with Marsupilation, and that a surgeon suggested with only Local Anesthetic Infiltration.
I asked the nurse that the BC Health Guide Stated that it is done with General Anesthesia, and she didn't reply. She said OH!! Lets look at Emedicine and she said that EMedicine states Marsupilation with only Local Anesthetic. I replied Ya! a Small Marsipilation for an Incision and Drainage not an Excision, removing the pus and hairs as it states. She then said AHH!!! I'm told to tell people to refer to Emedicine to fool patients in believing Local Anesthetic Alone is OK for Excisions. She said to call my GP and refer me to a different Surgeon. She also stated that each Surgeon does their own thing.

They must be receiving many complains from patients with reference to the BC health Guide Stating that Excisions are done under General Anesthesia, And not with only Local Anesthetic Infiltration.

EMedicine doesn't explain for excisions, only incision and drainage with packing. Incision and draining with a small marsupilation method, and incision and drainage with closure. All done with Local Anesthetic. Incision and drainage is simply removing the pus and hairs within,as they state. NOT REMOVING THE ENTIRE CYST SHELL(EXCISION).

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/articles/20243-6.asp

No suggestions for Excisions, and anesthesia requirements on EMedicine.

Don't forget Pilonidal Cyst typically occur to young, healthy, strong people. SO NO WORRIES ABOUT THE TYPE OF ANESTHESIA OPTIONS WHICH YOU ARE ENTITLED TO. DO NOT BE FOOLED INTO THE CANADIAN COST EFFECTIVE BRACKET METHOD.(ONLY THE USE OF LOCAL ANESTHETIC IFILTRATION).

Status
Not open for further replies.