Help!! I'm at my end

Cystbegone

Country flag
Hi I'm new. I'll start by saying this is the most embarrassing thing that I've ever had happen physically.

About a year and a few months. I had my very first pilonidal. Which came fast and angry! Worst pain by far. I'd choose to birth my twins again over it. I went to the doctor once I realized it wasn't going away and I couldnt do anything but lay on my belly. (Not so simple when you have 4 kids under 8) he gave me some antibiotics and said I needed to see a surgeon. Which I ignored. It went away for almost a year then November it came back not so angry this time. I ended up calling and telling my dr what was going on and he wanted to see me so I went in and he again told me he wanted me to have surgery. I told him at the moment that isn't an option. I have 2 2 year olds and a husband whom works full time and 2 other children. So me being basically bed ridden isn't exactly going to work at all until the kids are all a little older. I went home and started moqing the lawn and i notices i was wet. It hadnt start draining exactly. It was rathwr large at this point and im aware what i say next wasnt a great idea and pwoplw will scoff. I had my husband burn a razor blade get some eubbwr gloves on and cut me open. It disnt hurt AT all. It was instantly half ita original size after that it just drained a few more days and went away. We'll, it's now Feb. And as I sit here in the hot salt bath I'm on day 3 of my 3rd pilo.
I'm fully aware I shouldn't put off surgery but I really have no option for someone to take care of my kids. And now my dr seems reluctant to prescribe me antibiotics. I'm just at a loss. It has me so stressed it's not even that painful at this point ita just the thought of what am I going to do...

I keep the area clean 2 times a day and use cocount oil and tea tree oil.
Also use tea tree body wash

Can someone just give me some advice or opinions or something

Cystbegone

Country flag
I've gathered that much. I'm not sure my insurance will cover that since it's considered cosmetic. Out of pocket isn't an option.

LILLY

Very Helpful
Country flag
Yes it's a misconception that this surgery is cosmetic. If a surgeon told you that it's because they are unfamiliar with the surgery. My son's was coded pilonidal repair and the insurance paid no questions asked.

Purdueskiracer

Country flag
Also, don't be afraid of the cleft lift. It's a closed procedure that heals quickly, and doesn't require packing. Research data indicates that it is the best approach in most cases. There are some people that have successful treatments with pit picking if you have 1 or 2 pits that are high in the cleft. For most, the cleft lift is the best option.