Help in Quebec??

0celot

Country flag
I think I'm going to have an acute flare up in the next few days. I first got this abscess in 2013 and it comes back around every 6 months, and with the swelling it gets to be about the size of my fist. I was supposed to get surgery a year ago but I had to move from California to Quebec so I ended up not getting it done. I've had one infection since I've been here so far and I had to go to the ER to have it drained and it was one of the worst experiences of my life.
I waited 14 hours for someone to see me and had started running a fever, the lancing process was extremely clumsy and painful, whereas my previous lancings were virtually painless, and it was done by a student without supervision or presence of a doctor who had completed their residency.
I'm terrified to go back to the hospital but I have never had an abscess resolve on it's own so I know it's inevitable, does anyone know of a good hospital around Montreal or eastern Ontario? I'm also on the lookout for a surgeon who will preform pit picking, I'm not ready to commit to a cleft lift or an excision just yet.

Update on this; I had no abscess form and I found a surgeon and had pit picking surgery done in May up in Saint Jerome, the pits have closed up and so far so good.

Update on this; I had no abscess form and I found a surgeon and had pit picking surgery done in May up in Saint Jerome, the pits have closed up and so far so good.

Thank you so much for the update! Any way we can get that doctor's name? Did they perform the cleft lift as well?

I would also love to know the name of the surgeon & what the long term outcome was! Thank you :)

Back