lyon676

Country flag
Hi,

I am a 19 year old male new to posting on this forum and I had the cleft lift surgery with Dr.Immerman on April 20th 2021. My experience with the surgery itself was actually really good I came out of surgery with no nausea and no pain throughout my stay at the hotel which was 9 days after surgery I experienced no pain and recovery was going well. Dr.Immerman has been pretty patient with me and has answered a lot of stupid questions so as far as he goes I recommend him. Anyways my journey to recover was still going good until about week 4 when I noticed some irritation where the guaze was being placed. Dr.Immerman assured me that this was only happening because of the amount of moisture in the area which was true because when so started to blow dry the area after a shower the irritation immediately went away. This story goes down hill fast on where we are today it was week 7 of my recovery and I noticed that a large hard lump began to form under neath the skin of my
butt cheek this spot became very heavy and sore. On Tuesday things took a turn for the worst and liquid began to be drained out of my incision which then bursted my incision open into 2 small holes. Immerman has prescribed me antibiotics for 10 days and has assured me 2 things 1. This is not a reoccurrence 2. This we’ll definitely heal. However, I am very concerned since Tuesday these 2 holes have formed one very large hole and there seems to be a 3rd hole forming as well now all along the incision. Immermans explanation for this is that a seroma may have formed and got infected which caused the abscess to form and allowing the seroma to drain. Has anyone else experienced anything at all similar to this? I feel pretty sad and unlucky I was just starting to feel better too, any words of encouragement about this situation?

Hey @lyon676 ! I'm sorry to hear this. I did not have a seroma form, but I did get some mild irritation along the incision line around 3 months post-op. It definitely startled me and made me nervous (everything back there does once you've had pilonidal disease). I had some smallish red bumps and mild drainage (Suture related problems - Evergreen Surgical Pilonidal Clinic), but Dr. Immerman assured me that is was suture related, sent that link I included, and said it would clear up. Sure enough, it did. I'd definitely head to Dr. Immerman's advice - he has seen so many of these through the healing process and knows what he is talking about. I'm sure it is very triggering to have the area flare up, but give it a few more weeks/months and you'll get there. I know we don't have the same situation going on, but I can attest to Dr. Immerman's guidance panning out in the long run. Hang in there and soon enough you'll be all healed up!

lyon676

Country flag
Hi,

I’ve contacted dr immerman and he’s assured me that everything is healing good and that soon this will all be over. It can just be so triggering to have problems again in that area in general when I was just starting to feel better too. Thanks for the help and I’m hoping that recovery for me comes sooner rather than later. I’ll also keep updating this situation as it progress invade anyone out there ever has a similar situation.

Hi,

I’ve contacted dr immerman and he’s assured me that everything is healing good and that soon this will all be over. It can just be so triggering to have problems again in that area in general when I was just starting to feel better too. Thanks for the help and I’m hoping that recovery for me comes sooner rather than later. I’ll also keep updating this situation as it progress invade anyone out there ever has a similar situation.
Yeah - you got this! And updates are helpful, everyone has a slightly different journey and it's nice to see that the healing process can have its ups and downs and still be successful in the long run. Here's to a speedy recovery for you :)

Canadianmom

Country flag
Hi, I am a 19 year old male new to posting on this forum and I had the cleft lift surgery with Dr.Immerman on April 20th 2021. My experience with the surgery itself was actually really good I came out of surgery with no nausea and no pain throughout my stay at the hotel which was 9 days after surgery I experienced no pain and recovery was going well. Dr.Immerman has been pretty patient with me and has answered a lot of stupid questions so as far as he goes I recommend him. Anyways my journey to recover was still going good until about week 4 when I noticed some irritation where the guaze was being placed. Dr.Immerman assured me that this was only happening because of the amount of moisture in the area which was true because when so started to blow dry the area after a shower the irritation immediately went away. This story goes down hill fast on where we are today it was week 7 of my recovery and I noticed that a large hard lump began to form under neath the skin of my butt cheek this spot became very heavy and sore. On Tuesday things took a turn for the worst and liquid began to be drained out of my incision which then bursted my incision open into 2 small holes. Immerman has prescribed me antibiotics for 10 days and has assured me 2 things 1. This is not a reoccurrence 2. This we’ll definitely heal. However, I am very concerned since Tuesday these 2 holes have formed one very large hole and there seems to be a 3rd hole forming as well now all along the incision. Immermans explanation for this is that a seroma may have formed and got infected which caused the abscess to form and allowing the seroma to drain. Has anyone else experienced anything at all similar to this? I feel pretty sad and unlucky I was just starting to feel better too, any words of encouragement about this situation?
I hope it heals well. Dr Immerman is very experienced with this
Hi, I’ve contacted dr immerman and he’s assured me that everything is healing good and that soon this will all be over. It can just be so triggering to have problems again in that area in general when I was just starting to feel better too. Thanks for the help and I’m hoping that recovery for me comes sooner rather than later. I’ll also keep updating this situation as it progress invade anyone out there ever has a similar situation.

Canadianmom

Country flag
Hi hope you’ve healed by now!
I was wondering about why you had this problem? Was it something you did? Or just luck?

lyon676

Country flag
Hi hope you’ve healed by now!
I was wondering about why you had this problem? Was it something you did? Or just luck?
I’m almost healed it’s basically just a wound, looks like a scrape. Doing much better now sit for about 2-4 hours a day now. How I got it was unlucky it was a seroma and they can happen with any surgery. The reason cleft lifts use a drain is to prevent this seroma from forming unfortunately I was extremely unlucky.