Hole for third time

Kari T

Country flag
Hi all. I got my first sinus (that I noticed) in mid-Feb. It was a small hole, I took antibiotics and was very careful with it and it went away. It come back in mid-April, same thing. Now there is a small oval hole again.

I don't know what to do. It's only painful when the hole gets bigger and is more like an abscess so it doesn't really hurt at the moment but I don't know if I'm overreacting because it has never been extremely painful or if I should get surgery anyway. I feel so anxious about it all the time because I know how bad this thing can get and I'm scared.

My doctors didn't take me seriously last time when I was worried about it and said just don't sit too much and keep it dry. An ultrasound from February didn't show anything. But I feel there must an underlying problem since it keeps coming back.

diseasedone

Country flag
Hi all. I got my first sinus (that I noticed) in mid-Feb. It was a small hole, I took antibiotics and was very careful with it and it went away. It come back in mid-April, same thing. Now there is a small oval hole again.

I don't know what to do. It's only painful when the hole gets bigger and is more like an abscess so it doesn't really hurt at the moment but I don't know if I'm overreacting because it has never been extremely painful or if I should get surgery anyway. I feel so anxious about it all the time because I know how bad this thing can get and I'm scared.

My doctors didn't take me seriously last time when I was worried about it and said just don't sit too much and keep it dry. An ultrasound from February didn't show anything. But I feel there must an underlying problem since it keeps coming back.
It sounds like a wait and see situation. I know that can be hard.

I would see a different doctor if it feels like they are not taking you seriously.