I need advice on what to do

Michelemarie

Country flag
Hello,
26 years ago I had a Pilonidal cyst that got infected. I had the actual surgery healed no issues. About a month ago I got one again (after 26 years) it ended up getting infected. I went to a surgeon that lanced it and said wait and see if it comes back. I thought if you didn’t have it surgically removed it would keep coming back. When this surgeon lanced it, the numbing needles didn’t work and I was screaming on the table . I’m terrified and don’t know what to do . I start Nursing School soon and I have to be there. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

KatieMarie

Very Helpful
Country flag
Hello,
26 years ago I had a Pilonidal cyst that got infected. I had the actual surgery healed no issues. About a month ago I got one again (after 26 years) it ended up getting infected. I went to a surgeon that lanced it and said wait and see if it comes back. I thought if you didn’t have it surgically removed it would keep coming back. When this surgeon lanced it, the numbing needles didn’t work and I was screaming on the table . I’m terrified and don’t know what to do . I start Nursing School soon and I have to be there. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

Hello! So sorry for what you are going through. I had a pilonidal cyst four years ago. My first procedure failed and I was left with an open wound for nine months. I finally found an expert who has helped countless people on this site and across the country. I flew to see him in Wisconsin, had the Cleft Lift procedure, and have been 100% healed ever since! His name is Dr. Steven Immerman and his website is www.pilonidal.net

If you want to hear more about my experience or see photos of my recovery, feel free to email me at katiesemail289@gmail.com

I’m an ICU nurse and wish you the best on your healing journey and in nursing school!