Just Noticed something in the Website...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corinth

Its been awhile since I've posted, anyways, I was looking for answers about aftercare.

Mom tells me that the wound keeps ripping open a little (not enough that it really bleeds, but just enough that she can tell), and I was looking for more info on this site, when I noticed something on one of the pages. It says:

"In no way does this website recommend the use of Colloidal Silver potions be taken internally or used externally". (paraphrased)

Now... right when I noticed that bump and the pus/stuff and before I was diagnosed with the Pilonidal, the very first thing mom told me to do was to, yes, take Colloidal Silver, and I have been taking it ever since. I've seen the effects this stuff has had on my mom; it helped a lot of her infection problems and such.

I'm just curious, is there any info that says Colloidal Silver is bad?

Just curious why Sasha wrote that on the website... that implies that taking the Colloidal Silver is bad...

--Corinth

Colloidal silver has definitely been good for our family. We take an excellent colloidal silver called Mesosilver, which has really helped us with various problems including infections that were not helped by antibiotics. (One thing, though, a person should not take colloidal silver that contains protein, only colloidal silver that has silver and pure water.)

Never used the stuff. Neither my GP or my surgeon recommended the use of it, so I just stayed away.

Silver is known for it's ability to kill bacteria. It is used in various wound healing dressings such as Aquacel AG (AG is the chemical sign for silver), Silverlon, Acticoat and others. It is also in Silvadene cream which is used to prevent in infection in burns. More information about this is at:

http://www.wounds1.com/news/tech.cfm/4/1

Mesosilver is the one mom had me take, too.

I'm just merely curious as to why Sasha wrote what she did on the website, and if there's anything I should know about Colloidal Silver... but its nice to know that others take it and it helps them too.

--Corinth

My reasoning stands as follows and is not open to discussion: if the stuff actually worked, it would be on the shelf at Wal-Mart. Until I see actual scientific studies proving its effectiveness, it is on my "quack list" right next to "natural male enhancement."

Sasha said:
My reasoning stands as follows and is not open to discussion: if the stuff actually worked, it would be on the shelf at Wal-Mart. Until I see actual scientific studies proving its effectiveness, it is on my "quack list" right next to "natural male enhancement."

Does anyone know the difference between Colloidal Silver and antimicrobial silver? Is the difference that Colloidal Silver is taking internally? My daughters doctor had given us a tube of Silvasorb, which says it's antimicrobial silver. This is available through Walgreens as well, I think. I believe Silvasorb is similar to Actisorb Silver 220 , which is recommended on this site. We used the Silvasorb for a couple of weeks, but it didn't seem to heal up the wound, so we then went to using the ziox that her doctor prescribed.

The other thing her doctor did on a couple of occasions is "cauterize" her wound with silver nitrate. So the medical profession is using some types of silver. Just curious what the differences are, if any, for the different types of silver. There's a bit of info on the web, and found a few articles about the dangers of colloidal silver as well as one supporting it, but can't quite find the answer about the differences. Here's one site that looked pretty informative: http://www.o-wm.com/article/1698

AnxiousMom, you are correct. Silver has been used TOPICALLY for centuries and has proven itself effective. Colloidal Silver taken INTERNALLY on the expectation of the silver building up in tissues and the blood stream, has not been shown effective or safe. There are Colloidal Silver products out there that claim to cure Pilonidals and that is the reason that I have a specific disclaimer on this site.

The FDA ruling on Colloidal Silver products as not recognized as safe and effective and are misbranded.
http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/ANSWERS/ANS00971.html

You are perfectly free to believe what you choose, but as a responsible individual charged with maintaining the integrity of this site and organization, I have to make the position of the organization clear. It is no different than Countryboy and his tobacco; until there is some actual scientific proof, it will not be recommended by this organization.

Sasha said:
Colloidal Silver taken INTERNALLY on the expectation of the silver building up in tissues and the blood stream, has not been shown effective or safe. There are Colloidal Silver products out there that claim to cure Pilonidals and that is the reason that I have a specific disclaimer on this site.

The FDA ruling on Colloidal Silver products as not recognized as safe and effective and are misbranded.
http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/ANSWERS/ANS00971.html

I agree - I would not try taking silver internally.

Thanks Sasha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back