XavierSharp

New Member
Country flag
Ive had my pilonidal cyst drained 3 times now, and it comes back about a month later (despite packing, cleaning, etc.). So I figure I need surgery to get it removed, right? Problem is that they schedule those surgeries a long period in advance, which means it's about a month away.

I see people on here talking about the cyst bursting on its own, or that it drains. I've had mine four times now, and it has never drained on its own, despite warm compresses, tea tree oil, sitz baths, etc.

Is this just a hopeless pain that will keep me from sleeping for weeks until the surgery?

I've already been for I&D three times, and I'm not going through the horrendous anesthetic process again. I can't afford and don't have time to be doing that once a month.
Is there anything else I can do to expedite the drainage? And for drainage, does there need to be an external orifice? Because mine does not have one; it has never leaked, desire being about 2.5 inches long and 1 inch wide. I'm extremely anxious about this ordeal; it's debilitating and keeps from from doing anything involving standing and/or sitting. Literally, everything I do hurts.
 

Pluto

New Member
Country flag
Trust me a month is nothing to wait compared to here in Canada. The first surgeon who performed my first excision (which failed) took me 3 months to get in. When he wanted to do the cleft lift he told me he couldn't do it TILL NEXT YEAR! However, I found a better surgeon who performed the cleft lift but even that took 2 months just to get in for consult and then another 2 months for surgery... and even then they told me I might get bumped if the Dr had a serious case like cancer or something.

Mine never leaked either it would just get huge and red and painful. I had one lancing, followed by a closed excision. Both failed and I'm now 10 days post-op from the cleft lift. I don't want to jynx myself but so far everything is going well.

I know the frustration of trying all the remedies but the one that I found worked well was turmeric I would make a paste with coconut oil and put it on a bandage and leave it on it... it seemed to help. Also get on antibiotic (I was on Keflex) and it should go down and maybe the doctor can keep you on them till surgery. I've been on antibiotics at least 10 times in the past 2 years because of this thing.

Good luck and feel better
 
Top