Minimally invasive surgery UK

Susan Stanford

Very Helpful
Country flag
Luke, I think that you were very wise to have her switch back. Our surgeon did not want us putting adhesive on the surgical site. Its tiring when you have to be your own advocate but empowering too. My son never used a donut though I did buy one. It wasn't comfortable for him for some reason. He was allowed to sit on his butt from day one but really let pain and discomfort be his guide. He laid on his side a lot and still does when he is not at work. He had to return to work in a week and has a one hour commute each way. For about a week my husband drove him so he could lay down in the car - my husband's work is even further away so it was easy to do. He is almost 6 weeks out from surgery. I think that people who are out running in 2 weeks and biking in a month are probably ones who didn't have the damage from failed surgeries. I think that it's a longer recovery for those who had all of the failed past surgeries. Our surgeon said that my son did not have a lot of the deep tissue in the center (cleft area) - thanks to the butcher. But that is one of the beauties of the cleft lift. The deep tissue that is present is sown in layers back together to make sure there are no "dead spaces" in the cleft area. I believe that you and my son both will heal completely:)

ad038652

Country flag
I had the EPSIT procedure carried out yesterday by Mr Arulampalam at Colchester Hospital. It was my first surgical treatment. It all seems to have gone very well. I have no pain at all. I am not really sure what else to add, but I am happy to answer any questions if it helps anyone.

aggie1991

Country flag
I had the EPSIT procedure carried out yesterday by Mr Arulampalam at Colchester Hospital. It was my first surgical treatment. It all seems to have gone very well. I have no pain at all. I am not really sure what else to add, but I am happy to answer any questions if it helps anyone.

How did it go? What was the procedure? How long was the operation for? I never heard of such procedure

mysticbend

Country flag
I would also love to hear--do you live in the UK or did you travel for the procedure? What is your clinical history with PD and how'd you pick ESPIT?

ad038652

Country flag
I live just outside Colchester so no real traveling was involved. I've had PD for about 5 years, experienced a couple of minor infections but nothing too serious. I was ready to undergo a Bascom Cleft Lift late last year but the operation was called off literally at the last minute as my blood pressure was extremely high (this has been treated and is now more or less normal).

Anyway, when I got home home that day from the hospital, for some reason I Googled "Colchester pilonidal" and this page was the first result

http://www.colchesterhospital.nhs.uk/press_release_pages/pr_160216.shtml

I thought this had to be worth trying, so I got a referral from my GP and was seen by Mr Arulampalam in December for an examination, and about 2 months later I had the operation. I had it under a general anesthetic although in Italy where the EPSIT procedure was developed it is often done under a local. It takes about 30 minutes and it described here:

http://www.piercarlomeinero.it/en/epsit.html

I have one small wound which I have to flush with saline twice a day for 10 days and I have a follow up appoinment in 8-10 weeks. I have Codeine for pain relief but to be honest there is hardly any pain at all. The success rate for the op is about 88% and as far as I can see it is a no-brainer compared to other options.

I hope this helps people.

Paul11144

Country flag
I am booked in to have epsit pro edure next week with surgeon Raj mentioned earlier I this post. It sure if advice still needed but will post my experience afterwards as it may help ppl moving forward. This is my 3rd op now so let's hope it is the final one

aggie1991

Country flag
I am booked in to have epsit pro edure next week with surgeon Raj mentioned earlier I this post. It sure if advice still needed but will post my experience afterwards as it may help ppl moving forward. This is my 3rd op now so let's hope it is the final one

Hey, did you get the appointment under NHS or privately? If private, if you don't mind me asking, how much was the procedure? My sinus keeps flaring up and this time it seems so bad again, seen a surgeon already for an operation but getting a second opinion from the colorectal surgeon if he can do a cleft lift.

ad038652

Country flag

Have you had it yet, how did you get on?

Rainbow99

Country flag
Hi! I just was wondering how it went? Were you able to get this on the NHS?
Thanks

Alex2222

Country flag
Guys,
If you are living in Europe, go to Munich to Pilonidal Zentrum.
Dr Hoffer is amazing. He performs the minimal invasive techniques every day .

I traveled there back in October . The operation prices are very good.

Alex2222

Country flag
Even if you had a previous operations before (like me) , I am sure that he will find an elegant and minimal solution .

Rainbow99

Country flag
Guys,
If you are living in Europe, go to Munich to Pilonidal Zentrum.
Dr Hoffer is amazing. He performs the minimal invasive techniques every day .

I traveled there back in October . The operation prices are very good.
Hi! How much did it cost?

Myson

Country flag
My 29 yr old son is scheduled with Dr Sternberg in San Fran March 3 for the cleft lift - this doctor is apparently the most experienced and has part in the creation of the cleft lift solution - he has had this condition for almost 10’years and has had 2 previous lancings that were not successful - his case is advanced and we are praying for a successful outcome - I live on the east coast so we have to travel to the west coast plus all the COVID issues make this a very stressful time