Multidex Panafil ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisg

Hi there i was just wondering if anyone could tell me a website they know of where i would beable to get hold of any of these, i am living in england and pharmacy's over dont stock them. After 7 operations and only a small part now to heal i really want to give these products a shot to see if my "hole" with fanily close.

Cheers

No, afraid I can't say which might be better - guess I was lucky that the prescription is available here in the states.

Best of luck!

When you read about the gel it says;

STORE THIS MEDICINE at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) away from heat and light

That would be a problem when i need shipping from either the states or England or whatever :(

I wouldn't be too concerned about that - especially if you take a quicker option for delivery (overnight or a couple of days). You could also contact the supplier and ask if they would take extra care in packing due to the recommendations on the medication. The drug manufacturer had to ship the product to the supplier, so if these factors were taken into account for that transaction, they should do so from supplier to individual. Sometimes they put every possible warning on products just to cover their [oyo]

JonhK said:
When you read about the gel it says;

STORE THIS MEDICINE at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) away from heat and light

That would be a problem when i need shipping from either the states or England or whatever :(

I don't think they deliver overnight when it is a trans-atlantic delivery:p
Actually I don't think that they keep the cargorooms in airplanes warmed up which means minus a lot of degrees..

I dont think temp. is an issue either. I would think that they wouldnt ship the product if it couldnt handle the trip.

Multidex is not the same as Panafil, but it looks like a prescription is not needed. There is a link in the Aftercare/Problems During Healing section of this website :

"It is not at all uncommon to have a small section at the bottom of the incision fail to heal, usually it is because this section gets less oxygen due to location. Advanced care products such as Multidex Powder can help."

The website says: MULTIDEX Maltodextrin Hydrophilic Wound Dressing brings topical nutrients to the wound site to create an ideal environment for the body to heal itself. MULTIDEX Maltodextrin Hydrophilic Wound Dressing fills the wound site, rapidly mixes with the exudate, and forms a protective "coating" to create and maintain a moist environment beneficial for granulation tissue growth and epithlial proliferation. MULTIDEX Powder and MULTIDEX Gel perform in the same way, except that the gel has been specially formulated for the dry or minimally draining wound.
Effective even in the hardest to heal infected wounds, MULTIDEX Maltodextrin Hydrophilic Wound Dressing controls odors, decreases the amount of purulent exudate is nontoxic. Since MULTIDEX is not absorbed systemically, it is even safe to use on diabetic wounds.

If you do a search for multidex in the support forums, you'll find a number of threads from people about it. I was going to try it for my daughter after reading these, but then the doctor prescribed the panafil/ziox, so we went with that instead.

I think calling Healthpoint about a supplier of panafil/ziox in your area of the world is a good idea. Surely they would have a way! But check out the multidex stuff, too, as at least another option.

Maybe you are right. Anyway i emailed walgreens, and this is their reply

Currently we are only able to ship within the contiguous 48
states. Unfortunately, due to shipping regulations we are not
able to ship to countries outside of the United States or
territories of the U.S., including Guam and Puerto Rico.

There are UPS packaging regulations on many of the products
that must be met before they can travel in an airplane. The
cause of this is due to online store products that are
categorized as ORMD products. These products (nail polishes,
hair spray, aerosol cans) contain hazardous or flammable
material. For this reason we discontinued any shipping methods
by air (Second Day or Next Day deliveries).

Please be advised that we are rapidly expanding and continue to
investigate opportunities with other shipping carriers, so
there is always a possibility that we will have the ability to
ship internationally in the future. Please check back with us
at a later date.

This is NOT good. That more or less means that it is impossible for me to get it shipped to Europe. If it is not allowed on an airplane i don't see how i should get it. Crap.

Well - do you have any relatives or friends over here ... or planning a trip to the states?! ;) If someone were to have it in their luggage on the plane, no one would even know or care .... or, if someone here in the states were to mail a package with this medication in it, who would know? hmmm ..... worth the thought, huh?

I hear people mention they get various drugs outside the states sometimes because they are either cheaper or not offered here. Guess the demand has to be high enough for some company to do that.

AnxiousMom said:
Well - do you have any relatives or friends over here ... or planning a trip to the states?! ;) If someone were to have it in their luggage on the plane, no one would even know or care .... or, if someone here in the states were to mail a package with this medication in it, who would know? hmmm ..... worth the thought, huh?

I hear people mention they get various drugs outside the states sometimes because they are either cheaper or not offered here. Guess the demand has to be high enough for some company to do that.

Well i have a friend who will travel to the states but he won't be home before in 4 months or so. Besides that, no.

I've also been thinking about getting someone to buy it and then send it to me. But what do you think would happen when they see that it contains a tube. I mean it could be explosives and then they check it and it is maybe not going onboard the flight because of those "dangerous" chemicals..

Lewisg and JohnK,

When my son's wound stopped healing, Multidex got it healing again until it was closed. Panafil ointment may have temperature requirements but Multidex does not.

Multidex can only be purchased through internet companies and I don't know of any that ship internationally. I buy extra tubes of Multidex gel just for the purpose of helping someone who needs it. I would be happy to send a tube to you at no cost (it doesn't cost much for the gel or to send it through the mail). I sent a tube to someone in Ireland months ago and it arrived fine with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back