My experience with laser hair removal

Sam S.

Hi all,

I just got my first laser hair removal treatment the other day and thought I would share my experience for anyone considering it.

She lad me lay down on a table. She shaved the area where I would receive the laser treatment. Then she applied a cream, which I assume was a numbing cream. She had a machine that she held against the area. It made a funny sound before it delivered the treatment, which felt like a quick shock, or a rubber band being snapped on your skin. It did hurt, but it wasn’t overly painful. It definitely was worth it if it prevents new ingrown hairs. She did this all the way down the incision in a row of two. It took probably about 10 zaps all together. I need to go back for one more treatment in a month.

If anyone else wants to share their experience or has any questions for me about mine, please share!

Best,
Sam S.

I have been getting LHR treatments for about 2 years now and I am very happy with the results. I was starting to have problems about 2 years after my surgery and it turned out to be hairs that were growing back into my skin since I have been doing the LHR I have not had any more problems. I go every 6 months now , LHR is not permanent so you will still have to get treatments but just 1 or 2 a year

Hi ,
I'm starting lhr this week. Can you advise
1. What type of laser was used on you?
2. As the natal cleft skin is not an open area like legs or hands.. How bad was the discomfort caused by laser .. Were there any tips to avoid further irritation to but cheeks due friction
3.how to ensure that the hair falling out due to laser procedure do not enter the PC ?

Hi all,

I just got my first laser hair removal treatment the other day and thought I would share my experience for anyone considering it.

She lad me lay down on a table. She shaved the area where I would receive the laser treatment. Then she applied a cream, which I assume was a numbing cream. She had a machine that she held against the area. It made a funny sound before it delivered the treatment, which felt like a quick shock, or a rubber band being snapped on your skin. It did hurt, but it wasn’t overly painful. It definitely was worth it if it prevents new ingrown hairs. She did this all the way down the incision in a row of two. It took probably about 10 zaps all together. I need to go back for one more treatment in a month.

If anyone else wants to share their experience or has any questions for me about mine, please share!

Best,
Sam S.

Please can you advise me how much area around the pit should be treated with LHR to prevent PC ?

Had my first laser (post-op) 2 days ago...
The wound has not closed 100% yet (about 6th week).

I did diode laser. The doctor had performed this in more pilonidal post-op patients in the past.

It was not painful. It lasted about 5 to 10 minutes. I asked to try at my hand first to see the feeling. It was ok.
Afterwards no irritation or anything special. Doctor asked to apply some Fucidin (local antibiotic) for 3 days to be sure. Surgeon said it is fine to do this.

Diode laser to be performed needs you to be shaved first. So no hair fall into PC etc.

Will have next one in 2 months. Was easy and I'm glad.

Thx
Had my first laser (post-op) 2 days ago...
The wound has not closed 100% yet (about 6th week).

I did diode laser. The doctor had performed this in more pilonidal post-op patients in the past.

It was not painful. It lasted about 5 to 10 minutes. I asked to try at my hand first to see the feeling. It was ok.
Afterwards no irritation or anything special. Doctor asked to apply some Fucidin (local antibiotic) for 3 days to be sure. Surgeon said it is fine to do this.

Diode laser to be performed needs you to be shaved first. So no hair fall into PC etc.

Will have next one in 2 months. Was easy and I'm glad.
southsouth

Thx .
What can be expected post laser treatment ? Will the hair growing out of killed foillicals fall on their own? In that case won't there be a risk of infection again?

Hair grow, because all lasers can not handle 100% of follicles. This is why you repeat the sessions for 4-5 times usually. There is only a phase of a hair cycle that laser handle.
In diode laser you have to shave before application. No falling hair.

Hi,
My son had a pilo abcess in August 14, we got incision and drainage procedure then and have since then completed 3 sessions of laser hair removal. So far all is good, however the hole in the skin that was created during the abscess still exists. Is this normal? Will the hole ever close?

Hi,
My son got an ultrasound done and it shows the cyst has reduced from 2.5 cm to 1.3.
I guess the laser hair removal is helping him

Hi,

I got my entire body lasered, the machine she used was soprano, and I got 8 sessions. Its been about 4 months now since my last treatment and I havent seen even one hair on my legs and a few other parts but I do notice it coming back on my arms and bikini, is 8 sessions not enough? If so, how many more would be required, also has anyone looked into at home do it yourself laser hair removal machines, I hear they work pretty good and similar results but just takes more treatments. Me smooth is one machine I have heard of, has anyone tried it?

Hi all,

Best,
Sam S.
Hello. I have a hairy back and I don't like it.

I'm too much of a wuss to have it waxed and shaving requires help so if possible, I'd like to get it permanently removed.

Does laser hair removal work, and is it permanent?

How much does it typically cost and how many treatments are required?

Back