Nervous Nelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Hi everyone, first I would like thank everyone for all of the info on this site it has been very helpful. I was diganosed 15 months ago when I had the most painful abcess ever! I needed to have it lanced. I had a few flare-ups after that but nothing too serious. I thought (mistakenly) that I could live with it. Sure enough this christmas I came down with the flu - and wouldn't you know it just as I was getting better the abcess came back. I needed to have it lanced for the second time on Dec 28th. I called my surgeon the next week (she had been on vacation & the lancing took place at the ER) to schedule an appointment - which I have set for jan 24th. I have made the decision to get the excision. My surgeon told me that she tries to use the closed method - if she can. I am so nervous about the surgey & the healing time. Has anyone had experience with the epidurals - are they painful? I am not sure how deep this cyst is. I do not have any drainage (hence the two abcesses) and a pea-sized bump I also have two little black dots right below my tailbone which is what my surgeon called "the cyst." Has anyone out there had these symptoms???

Status
Not open for further replies.