New Victim!

ColinW90

Country flag
Hi Folks, I started getting a really sore backside a couple of weeks ago, I thought it was initially saddle sores from the bike but further reading and after feeling a definate lump I discovered I had a Pionidal Cyst.

I went to my doctor the next morning who confirmed this was the case and was likely to be caused by an ingrown hair. I've been referred to a surgeon but this is going to be put off for a bit due to the current Covid-19 situation.

I've been prescribed a course of anti biotics which finished off this weekend. They appear to have worked and I'm much more comfortable moving around/,sleeping and the lump has gotten really small, almost like a small scar compared to the giant golf ball I had a couple of weeks back.

My question is does anyone have any experience of what is likely to happen once the antibiotocs finish? Will it automatically start to come back and will I 100% need the operation?

Needless to say I've stopped cycling and running while this thing is attached to me!

ChristineR

Country flag
Hi Folks, I started getting a really sore backside a couple of weeks ago, I thought it was initially saddle sores from the bike but further reading and after feeling a definate lump I discovered I had a Pionidal Cyst.

I went to my doctor the next morning who confirmed this was the case and was likely to be caused by an ingrown hair. I've been referred to a surgeon but this is going to be put off for a bit due to the current Covid-19 situation.

I've been prescribed a course of anti biotics which finished off this weekend. They appear to have worked and I'm much more comfortable moving around/,sleeping and the lump has gotten really small, almost like a small scar compared to the giant golf ball I had a couple of weeks back.

My question is does anyone have any experience of what is likely to happen once the antibiotocs finish? Will it automatically start to come back and will I 100% need the operation?

Needless to say I've stopped cycling and running while this thing is attached to me!

I hate to break it to you, but in most cases it does come back. Maybe not immediately, maybe not even in months! Pilonidal disease is the worst. I want to caution you on surgery, I 100% believe that’s the only way to gain some freedom from these but please do your research on what kind of surgery and who performs it. There have been so many people that have had failed surgeries due to going to a surgeon that really doesn’t know the appropriate way to treat pilonidals. I know you’re in the UK but for reference, read Dr Sternberg’s explanation on his site: https://pilonidalsurgery.com/pilonidal-disease/what-is-wrong-with-so-much-pilonidal-care/

Then do your research on a good doctor you can trust to take care of this for you. Perhaps the Hall of Fame pdf might have some referrals as to who is closest to you.

Best of luck to you!!

Luke Wade

Very Helpful
Country flag
The longer you have it in my experience - the quicker it comes back after antibiotics. Try hot salt baths and keeping area as dry as possible until you can get surgery. Blow dry bum crack after showers/baths

ColinW90

Country flag
The longer you have it in my experience - the quicker it comes back after antibiotics. Try hot salt baths and keeping area as dry as possible until you can get surgery. Blow dry bum crack after showers/baths

Cheers mate, yes not the ideal time to get it in the middle of summer, I'll try the baths and blow drying.

steveyc

Country flag
hi all i am 67 and just got one of these bloody things i could not get in the doctors because of coved 19 and did not really want go to a and e , icould hardly sit down the pain was that bad, anyway i tried every cream known to man and finally found some thing thats works for me . i use dettol soap to clean it twice a day and then i put a drop of imperial feet nail mycosis on it with a piece of lint. after about 4 weeks of doing this it is now about the size of a grain of rice ,i have no pain and no green gundge anymore . good luck to all of you

ColinW90

Country flag
Quick update from myself - I actually have what's know as an Anal Fistula, its not any more pleasant unfortunately and I'm waiting for surgery for it.