Open excision surgery healing

diva001

Country flag
Hi everyone,
First time poster, finally worked up the courage to post on here lol. So I've had a pilonidal sinus for about a year. About 3 months ago I had excisional surgery where they left an open wound to heal from the inside. (They felt this surgery was better for me than the cleft lift in my specific case otherwise I would have had that). At the moment it is just being cleaned and having a dressing put over it as it has not needed packing anymore.
The wound is now mostly closed and seems healed over but there is still a little (about 1cm) that is still open and a little raised/overgranulated. I was just wondering what healing times were like for anyone else who had this surgery? Worried it may take forever!
Also, today I saw the wound care nurse who said that the healed area seemed a little lumpy and hard, is this normal? It's not painful to touch.
Thanks in advance :)

diva001

Country flag
An update: it's less lumpy now, think it was just scar tissue, and it has closed a bit more :) slow recovery, but hopefully getting there day by day! Only a few mm left now I think

J Smith

Country flag
An update: it's less lumpy now, think it was just scar tissue, and it has closed a bit more :) slow recovery, but hopefully getting there day by day! Only a few mm left now I think
Hey hope you're on the mend. When did yours fully heal/ how long till you were back in the gym.