Open wound draining slightly and occasionally

bajithebear

Country flag
Hello. I am relatively new to having a PC and have been having severe anxiety about how to deal with it moving forward.
I first discovered my PC about two months ago, when I had severe pain for a few days in my lower back. Eventually, my cyst burst and drained, and I went to an urgent care for treatment and advice. They told me they couldn't do anything because it had already fully drained, so they just gave me stuff to clean and dress the wound. I kept it cleaned and dressed for two weeks, and when it appeared to scab over and get smaller, I assumed it was done and stopped worrying about it.
Now, about a month after that, I've noticed the wound hasn't gone away, and I just noticed that it started slowly draining again every now and then. It's slowly leaks some clear liquid. Now there is no pain, no itching and zero discomfort even if I directly touch the wound.
My plan is to put antibiotics on it, dress it and keep it clean and see if it closes up. However, I want to get advice about if that's a good course of action or if I need to reevaluate. It is not infected, no pain and it's not draining very much at all. I'm just concerned and want to keep it clean and help it heal, but avoid surgery if possible. Any advice is appreciated

K22k22

Country flag
You may want to consider surgery to clean it out completely. I did a lot of research the first time my cyst burst, I went to a surgeon and he performed the GIPS procedure on me. I’m 1.5 months post op and I’m completely back to normal with no pain and ins o glad I did the procedure rather than having the cyst fill back up over and over again. I posted about my experience in this forum if you want more information. Good luck!

jkeith

Country flag
here’s my issue. Mine is the same as his. But my tunnels are reallly close to my anus. I’d hate for surgery to potentially make something else to go wrong.

diseasedone

Country flag
Hello. I am relatively new to having a PC and have been having severe anxiety about how to deal with it moving forward.
I first discovered my PC about two months ago, when I had severe pain for a few days in my lower back. Eventually, my cyst burst and drained, and I went to an urgent care for treatment and advice. They told me they couldn't do anything because it had already fully drained, so they just gave me stuff to clean and dress the wound. I kept it cleaned and dressed for two weeks, and when it appeared to scab over and get smaller, I assumed it was done and stopped worrying about it.
Now, about a month after that, I've noticed the wound hasn't gone away, and I just noticed that it started slowly draining again every now and then. It's slowly leaks some clear liquid. Now there is no pain, no itching and zero discomfort even if I directly touch the wound.
My plan is to put antibiotics on it, dress it and keep it clean and see if it closes up. However, I want to get advice about if that's a good course of action or if I need to reevaluate. It is not infected, no pain and it's not draining very much at all. I'm just concerned and want to keep it clean and help it heal, but avoid surgery if possible. Any advice is appreciated
I came to my NP with my noninfected cyst in February of this year. I did not have a fever. The tissue just felt stiff back there. She told me there wasn't anything to do really. She recommended that I change out the travel pillow in my car (I use it to sit and avoid pressure in that area) and that helped for a long time.

Dealing with a draining cyst now though.