Opinions on Marupialization and packing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhaddix

I had surgury on the 3rd of January and I just want to urge everyone to listen to the advice provided on this site. I had an area about 5 inches long by 3 inches wide (at widest point) by 2 inches deep excised and my healing is going swimingly well...and I attribute much of that to this site. Less than three weeks after surgury, the wound has diminished in size by about 1/3 at least. I had marsupialization and I would recommend it to anyone. While it was annoying while the stitches were in, I believe it helped promote good, thourough healing. It prevented the dreaded "bridging" and forced the wound to heal from all the way at the bottom...up.
I would like to hear other peoples experiences with marsupialization and their opinions on it.
Also, my doctor's advice to treat the packing of the wound "simply as a way to protect my clothing" has worked very well. I have left it unpacked whenever I could (a folded gauze sponge shoved in my butt crack just below the wound to collect the drainage) and simply made sure to clean it thoroughly in the shower twice a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.