Packing fell out, and I'm very nervous

Packingfellout

Country flag
Hey guys, just got surgery on the 9th of August, all went well, wound was packed, then removed the next day and repacked at around 12:30pm still at hospital. Then today at 1pm it was again removed and repacked with no problems, but was covered with a bandage. I had to go to my GP today and pick up my prescriptions, and when I got back the bandage was causing so much pain and itching that I had to take it off, with a plan to replace it with what the hospital gave me to cover the wick. So when I did the wick flew out with it, (at around 7:45pm). I am totally panicking right now, I covered it with a surgapad wrapped around a bunch with gauze, and am currently lying on my belly. I'm not sure what time the nurse is coming tomorrow, but I will try and get the earliest appointment possible. Am I going to be okay? Will the wound start to heal and cover up and thus the packing be excrutiating tomorrow? Can I stand or should I stay on my belly? Can I lie on my sides? This was my first surgery and the hospital didn't really instruct me on anything. Thanks in advance guys, I'm so happy a forum like this exists.

I know this was a few days ago so hopefully everything's okay now, but for future reference you should be absolutely fine if the packing falls out for a bit. Unless the wound is absolutely tiny it won't close before you can get it packed the next day.

Back