Hello, I'm new here and this is my first cyst. Of coarse I would get it at 29 weeks pregnant. I went in today bc the pain was unbearable! I had originally been prescribed antibiotics but they seemed pointless to take as my pain and swelling was getting worse and everything I've read said antibiotic alone do not help. So I went in and the P.A. gave me two options, wait, or have it drained. I opted to have it drained....bc why wait for it to get bigger and even more painful....just to have it drained anyway right. I'm over all so glad I did make that decision, despite the fact that it was almost as painful as childbirth itself! I mean holy cow. WORST. EXPERIENCE. OF. MY. LIFE. He used just local anesthesia, sliced me open, squeezed me like stress ball and cleaned and packed the incision. I was in so much pain I remember he said to change the packing daily but what I'm wondering is, if the blood and gunk has saturated the packing completely, and leaked through the gauze taped to my tailbone....should I take the packing out and replace it, even if it' sooner than 1 day....and it was just done today....or should I wait until tomorrow and just replace the surface gauze? And he also said when I do repack it, to soak in the tub for 10 minutes first, then take the packing out and proceed, so should I rinse it out even if he didn' say to....or should I get saline solution....or should I not rinse it and just pack it? Any help would be sooo appreciated.