Pilonidal

bholsclaw

Country flag
Hello,

This is more a call for any advice that any of you have for me. I have been dealing with pilonidal cysts/sinus for almost 3 years all together.

Very first cyst i got surgically removed, and was left with an open wound to close due to the fact it was a lot worse than they thought it was. So i ended up in a wound care clinic for about 6 months until it fully healed, after that I went back to everyday life until about 1 1/2 years later.

2nd Cyst: I also got surgery for and was left again with an open wound, this was significantly better than the first one but still ended up in a wound care clinic for about 5 months, It closed 2 months after that it opened again. I've basically been at this wound clinic here now for almost a year going once a week. I feel like i have tried EVERYTHING.. I started to diet, take vitamins, fish oils, collagen, Vitamin A/C, Zinc.

I have a meeting with a plastic surgeon to see if there is anything that he might be able to do for me but my back is against the wall and trying to seek any advice or tips from people who have been in my shoes and have recovered.

bholsclaw

Country flag
I have also started to workout a bit I've read that sometimes that cardio, little bit of strength training can help your overall health of course but can also help a wound.