Post-Lancing Wound Closure/Draining

jronpaul623

Country flag
Hi,

New here but I've read most of the threads I could find on this but still have some specific quick questions. I had a somewhat small pilo that only drained a little clear liquid bi-monthly for the last 10 years. Last week it must have gotten infected and was draining a lot of yellow pus via the sinuses. I finally went and had it lanced. They doc made about a 1/2 inch incision and pulled out some hair and cleared the pus. He packed it and told me to remove the packing the next day in the shower and come back in 2 weeks.

I did so and it was all pretty easy. However, for the last 3 days since, it's been draining still. Not a lot but some pus every day. I can even push on the top a bit and some will come to the entrance of the incision. I have been disinfecting with alcohol wipes and silver wound gel. My questions are:

1) Is this going to close up on it's own? The skin on either side doesn't seem to be making any effort to stick together
2) should I be avoiding exercise to prevent the sides of the incision pulling apart?
3) should I repack it myself or will the drainage eventually go away?
4) 24hrs after the packing came out I shaved the area as I was worried about other hairs getting in there. Seems like it would be easy for something to get in there...should I keep it covered always then?

Thanks!