Post op pressure when sitting

sybilsage818

Country flag
Hi. I’ve posted before but I have a question. I had CW on 12/12 but it opened up and 4 weeks post op I had to start packing. I’m still packing now and I’ve been sitting for short periods of time since 5.5 weeks post op. I get pressure at my tailbone like right where the cyst used to be. Does this mean I’m having recurrence or is it just uncomfortable because it’s still healing?

Butthurt bozo

Country flag
CW meaning closed excision? (Apologies for any ignorance, I don’t frequent this forum much anymore!). In that case, I’d say 5.5 weeks post op is probably a bit too soon to start panicking. I had a closed excision, and I remember feeling pressure when sitting which I attributed to the stitches. Mine only reopened in a couple areas (not the whole thing), so I can’t say for sure that I would have felt that pressure if it was opened—but I wouldn’t think it out of the realm of possibility! Additionally, my doctor only started to worry when mine was still coming back 8-12 weeks post-op.

I would recommend just following doctors orders as best you can (ie, keeping it clean, packing however often they told you, maybe even trying to keep some weight off it—not that it helped much with mine). Don’t worry yet—your not too far from the op so I think you can relax!

Lastly, I’ll say that IF your case lands in that that 33% percentile and fails, then I would DEFINITELY recommend just going straight to cleft lift, or at the very least NOT another excision. I had a cleft lift with Dr. Immerman after my closed excision failed, and I haven’t had to think about it since I healed and I would recommend him to anyone!