Questions for people who had closed procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midori

Hey butt buddies! Like I've been saying, I had an excision done on 12/20/04 with an (almost) closed incision. (What I mean by almost is that the surgeon left the bottom maybe inch open to drain and to keep the top from closing up first.) I just wanted to know if anybody else who had this done had as many internal stiches as me (my home nurse tells me I got a bunch!) My theory is that my surgeon (a highly experienced general) stiched each layer of tissue with dissolving stiches in order to keep me from having an empty cavity after the top layer of skin heals over. So far this seems to be working extremely well, my home nurse and everybody at the hospital see a great deal of new tissue in my visible part of the wound. Also, it seems that a lot of people who had a closed procedure had stiches that needed to come out. I however had dissolvable stiches (which were gone approx. 5 or 6 days ago). Some skin has grown over the incision where it wasn't so deep, and in everywhere else it's much shallower. I wonder if this makes a difference in reocurrance or infection? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.