Recovery after surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerry

Well it has been only 4 days since my surgery, they removed the whole cyst and one sinus. My recovery has been going awesome. I keep wondering if my surgeon did something different. I mean really I have had very little pain.

The night of surgery I was able to sit and post to all of you. Friday the day after surgery I did sleep alot but there wasn't a whole lot of pain. Saturday, only two days after my surgery I was able to go to my frieds house for her birthday and 45 min. drive, and also in the same day I made it to my Uncle's Wedding which truly I had thought there would be no way. The drive to his wedding was at least an hour. Saturday we had a large storm, my husband, son and I love going to the mountains in our big truck. Can you believe just three days after my surgery we were up in the mountains? I was very careful because I did not want to fall and rip my stitchs open, so of course I didn't play any, I just watched my husband and our friends play, but boy, this has been a much easier recovery for me than I had thought. I did bug my husband a lot, asking him to feel my undies on the back to be sure I wasn't wet, because it rained more than it snowed. My biggest fear was keeping my behind dry, which was a success. I see my doctor today for my first appt. after surgery.

I hope for those of you who will soon be going in for surgery have an easy recovery. This whole thing has not been as bad of and experiece as I thought it would.

My whole incision is about 4 inches long, which I have been told is a decent size. I just can't figure out why my pain has been so minimal. Believe me, I am not complaining.

Well, agian thank you all for the kind words. Good luck to all of you who will soon be going for surgery. Just remember you aren't alone, and really it isn't that bad. This is coming from someone who was a nervous wreck before surgery and cried like a big baby.

Kerry

Status
Not open for further replies.