Sinus with no opening take hot water sitz bath

mkithania

Country flag
I have been suffering from the pilonidal sinus for more than 8 years and got 4 times minor surgeries for the drainage since mine didn’t have proper opening but just pain and very few discharge which leads to pain getting worse and a stiff lump in the area .

also had taken antibiotics many many times which certainly had a bad impact on my overall health.

Until we had a long weekend during in March 2020 and during that period I felt the same pain and rather than going to doctor and follow same procedures I tried something which was advised to me a few times but not strongly enough to convince me. So this time I started taking hot water sitz bath of 5-8mins 3-4 times a day and miraculously the pain first reduced and than just disappeared in 3-4 days.

trust me on this NO MEDICATION AT ALL.

And since then I made it a habit to take sitz bath of hot water(water I used was a bit hotter than warm) and now even after a year It’s absolutely fine with no pain or swelling.

so all the Freinds around who are facing similar situation where you have pain but little to no opening I would strongly recommend to try this. And I feel it would help you out of this problem.

CoryB

Helpful
Country flag
In the early stages of the disease, this worked for me as well and I highly recommend it! Unfortunately, there did come a time when it was no longer helpful and surgery was required. I'm glad this is working for you though!

mkithania

Country flag
In the early stages of the disease, this worked for me as well and I highly recommend it! Unfortunately, there did come a time when it was no longer helpful and surgery was required. I'm glad this is working for you though!
It’s working perfectly fine and mine is not starting stage for me and there is a most important DONT for this to work
DONT TOUCH when you feel pain even to feel the lump PLEASE DONT TOUCH as touching and pressing are most common mistakes we all have done

I think I should have mentioned it in the first place

1) take hot water sitz bath 3-4 times when you feel pain

2) once healed you may wish you take sitz bath once or twice a week or whenever you feel it’s been heavily sweaty in that are

3) DONT TOUCH THE AREA AT ALL , this is most important GOLDEN RULE I would say

wish you all luck wirh

CoryB

Helpful
Country flag
I've actually already had the Cleft Lift surgery and am fully healed for 3 years now.

But this is useful advice for other still dealing with it!