WNY (Rochester NY) Pilonidal Cleft Lift Doctors

MinnesotaBulls

Country flag
Hello! I had surgery back in November that failed to treat a pilonidal cyst (with a General Surg. who had limited experience with this). I have been dealing with it since June. Sadly, the one from November opened up, did not heal, and became infected. Have multiple points. I've been undergoing constant care through conservative means of wound care (I recommend Dr. Ertel in Buffalo if you need wound care!); however, it is not improving. I have reached out to multiple MDs in the WNY region, and I have found two new, to me, doctors that perform cleft lifts at the University of Rochester colorectal. They are Gabriela Poles, MD, MPH, and Zhaomin (Tim) Xu, MD, MPH. I will be consulting with either of them soon and likely will be having my second surgery and hopefully the last soon! I will update this thread in intervals. However, if you have any questions or experience with either of these MDs, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Hello! I had surgery back in November that failed to treat a pilonidal cyst (with a General Surg. who had limited experience with this). I have been dealing with it since June. Sadly, the one from November opened up, did not heal, and became infected. Have multiple points. I've been undergoing constant care through conservative means of wound care (I recommend Dr. Ertel in Buffalo if you need wound care!); however, it is not improving. I have reached out to multiple MDs in the WNY region, and I have found two new, to me, doctors that perform cleft lifts at the University of Rochester colorectal. They are Gabriela Poles, MD, MPH, and Zhaomin (Tim) Xu, MD, MPH. I will be consulting with either of them soon and likely will be having my second surgery and hopefully the last soon! I will update this thread in intervals. However, if you have any questions or experience with either of these MDs, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Hi, I am also interested in hearing an update if possible! I hope you're well. I had a cleft lift done Many years ago in Pittsburgh. Now my 18 year old son is dealing with this. I'm looking to find if there are finally any updated Drs on the cleft lift technique closer than Pittsburgh where I had to go. I'm in Buffalo.

Back