Wound opened back up after years... is this an issue?

Snoaz

Country flag
Hi guys. Years ago I got a pilonidal cystectomy. The recovery process took over a year until the wound fully closed and it was a rough process.

Today, I used the restroom and noticed a small wet spot on the back of my boxers. I immediately check my scar and noticed a small hole towards the top, about as wide as a pencil eraser. I cleaned the area and there was a red watery fluid, so it was definitely open.

Thing is, I'm completely numb in that area so I have no idea if there's another cyst (shoot, I didn't even know that I had a cyst prior to the surgery until I sat down and noticed a pool of blood in my chair when I stood back up; I thought the pain was from a bruised tailbone). And given COVID, I don't want to go to the doctor unless I really have to.

I work in a psychiatric hospital, so sometimes there's a lot of physical exertion when patients get violent, and a few days ago we had a really rough takedown with a patient who was a wrestler. I didn't get hurt or anything but I wonder if that might've done it.

Should I be concerned? Do I have another cyst? Will this close back up?

Gene2

Country flag
Hello!
I am currently going through this exact same thing. I just wanted to check and see if this cleared up on its own?
Like you, I’m trying to avoid going to the doctor so I’m just curious to see if your issues resolved on it’s own?